How To Tell If You Have Bed Bugs In Your Lexington Home
Pest control to kill bed bugs is needed when these insects invade - seeking the best bed bug pest control near you? Find local pest control for bed bugs with Action Pest Control. We offer bed bug pest control in Lexington. Enlisting the help of a company specializing in bed bug control can show if homeowners have a problem. Such professionals can even explain how pest control can kill bed bugs.
The Symptoms Of A Bed Bug Infestation In Lexington
When pest control to kill bed bugs is needed, there is more than likely a bed bug infestation onsite.
Look for the following signs of bed bugs to know bed bug control is a must:
- Bed Bugs: Notice any actual bed bugs in the home? Look around beds, even the headboards. Dead or alive, a bed bug or two can indicate a problem. Bed bug eggs are another alarming sight.
- Bites: Red bites that itch are no fun. Sometimes in a cluster or possibly lined up in a row, bed bug bites signify the need for professional help.
- Debris: Not only do bed bugs steal human blood, but they also don’t pick up after themselves. These parasites can leave behind molted skins and eggshells that alert residents they're not alone.
- Spots: Another nasty habit of the bed bug is handling its bathroom business all over the home. If dark brownish-colored specs are found on walls and bedding, chances are these aren't paint splatters; they are bed bug fecal spots.
Where Do Bed Bugs In Lexington Come From?
There is a common misconception that bed bugs are only found in dirty places. While good housekeeping practices are never a bad idea, they can’t singlehandedly combat these pests. There’s just no substitute for professional bed bug control.
Bed bugs in Lexington are the original frequent flyers; they are known for their ability to travel in various ways. These insects hop aboard an item or unsuspecting person, then travel to a new destination. Once in its new environment, this creature makes itself comfortable and begins looking for its next meal.
How To Prevent Bringing Bed Bugs Into Your Lexington Home
There may be no way around contacting local pest control for bed bugs when these pests come indoors. But prevention may help keep bed bugs from getting in your Lexington home in the first place.
- Avoid Risky Places: Hotels, short-term rentals, hostels, motels, airports, libraries, theaters, schools, trains, and bus stations are all areas where bed bugs can be found. It may not be easy, but staying out of the places could prevent bed bugs in the home.
- Decontaminate: Set up a decontaminating area near the home. When household members have been potentially exposed to bed bug-infested areas, they should stop in this area (maybe it’s in the garage) to remove suspect items. These items can then be frozen or laundered to kill bed bugs.
- Don’t Buy Second-Hand Goods: Bargain shopping can be exciting, but buying used mattresses, upholstered furniture, rugs, and stuffed animals can lead to a bed bug infestation.
- Limit Visitors: While homeowners can’t enforce where their guests go, they can stop them from entering the property. Suspect Aunt Janine has been traveling lately? Opt to meet her at a park instead of inviting her over to limit bed bug exposure.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Lexington Home Permanently?
While homeowners may not care exactly how pest control can kill bed bugs, most want to know this method works. When bed bug control in Lexington is required, Action Pest Control can come to the rescue! Our specially trained technicians can find bed bugs, apply treatment, eliminate them, and keep these pests out of your home forever. Reach out today to get started, and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Lexington.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”