- General Browsing Information: Any time you visit the Action Pest Websites or use our downloadable apps, we may gather certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. This information includes browser characteristics, your service provider IP address, search engine used to locate the Action Pest Websites, a unique device identifier, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on an Action Pest Websites, and dates and times of visits.
- Personal Information Voluntarily Provided: We gather personal information you provide to us (such as your name, address, testimonials, email address, telephone number, demographic data, payment information) when you request information about a product or service, register on the Action Pest Websites, request email reminders or email newsletters, sign up for a service, enter one of our sweepstakes or contests, take a survey or use any of the other interactive portions or features of the Action Pest Websites. When personally identifiable information is requested on the Action Pest Websites, some requests are marked as "Required"; this personally identifiable information is necessary to allow you to participate in the feature or service you've requested.
- Data Provided by You Relating to a Job Opportunity: If you elect to voluntarily create a job interest profile through the Action Pest Websites to show interest in a job opportunity with Action Pest Control, you will be providing your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and information concerning work experience, educational background, position sought and at your option, the information contained in your resume.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We use the information collected at the Action Pest Websites for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and preferences, to develop, market, sell or provide products and services, and possibly to conduct surveys, research, and evaluations.
- To advertise our services or products.
- To complete your request for services or respond to your use of features on the Action Pest Websites.
- To tailor your experience on the Action Pest Websites to your interests and geographic region.
- To respond to your inquires about our products and services.
- To inform you of special events and offers or programs offered by our selected companies.
- To operate, evaluate, manage, improve and develop Action Pest Control's business and operations, administer accounts, collect and process payments.
- To perform data analytics.
- To detect and protect Action Pest Control and other third parties against error, negligence, fraud, theft, and other illegal activities and audit compliance with policies.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Any information you provide about your interest in a job opportunity at Action Pest Control will is accessed by Action Pest Control's personnel to consider, and possibly responding to, your interest in Action Pest Control and for planning and monitoring our recruitment campaigns.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other automated means for purposes such as:
- Customizing our users' visits to Action Pest Websites and apps.
- Delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users' interests and how our users browse the Action Pest Websites.
- Managing our business.
We may supplement data we collect on the Action Pest Websites through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may interest you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer the Action Pest Websites, identify the Action Pest Websites users, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on the Action Pest Websites, how users navigate through the Action Pest Websites, and how we may tailor the Action Pest Websites to meet the needs of our visitors better.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for the use of Action Pest Control and its affiliated companies. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. We do not share or trade your personally identifiable information with third parties other than as described below.
- Selected Companies: Action Pest Control may work with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services that relate to Action Pest Websites or their visitors. As part of such a relationship, Action Pest Control may share with these companies, or these companies may interact with your browser, collect or have access to some or all of the information collected in connection with certain interactive functions offered on the Action Pest Websites (such as the E-Mail Reminder Service) or on other web sites where Action Pest Control provides advertisements and interactive functions.
- Service Providers: Action Pest Control may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services, monitoring website activity, and running special promotions, such as sweepstakes, contests, or surveys. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers: If Action Pest Control sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of Action Pest Control or an Action Pest Control affiliated company or brands are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- Compliance with Law/Safety: Action Pest Control may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of the Action Pest Websites, the Website itself, or the public.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Action Pest Control may retain the information it collects on the Action Pest Websites as long as necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information was collected. In some cases, Action Pest is required by law to retain the information it collects for a specified period of time.
POLICIES ON CHILDREN
To ensure compliance with federal law, Action Pest Control does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under 13.
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Action Pest Websites, such as Google Analytics and Site Survey. These service providers help us analyze how users use the Action Pest Websites. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please click here.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, plug-ins, and widgets on the Action Pest Websites, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the websites and apps and your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
ACCESSING ACTION PEST WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
If you visit the Action Pest Websites from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and/or other internal systems located within the United States.
To access registration information that you create on the Action Pest Websites, you will need to use a password that you create. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties. If you forget your password, click on "forgot password" on the login screen, and we'll send you an e-mail with a link to a unique URL, where you may change your password.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING INFORMATION
You can update or modify your information by contacting Action Pest Control as described below.
Action Pest Control takes your privacy seriously and values its relationship with you. Action Pest will take reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure any personal data you provide to us.
You may always discontinue your receipt of future email newsletters and/or other email communications you previously requested from Action Pest Control by unsubscribing in the email newsletter or contacting Action Pest Control as described below.
CONTACTING ACTION PEST
Effective Date: 02 January 2015
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”