How Jasper Homeowners Can Protect Themselves From Termites In 2019
January 18, 2019
The best way to protect your Jasper home from termites in 2019 is to start now. Eliminate any current termites. Then your home will be termite free when you put important preventative measures in place against future infestations.
Termites can be active all year long, so you won’t want to let your guard down this winter. They may bury themselves deeper into the soil outdoors. Or they will seek refuge inside the wood of your home as it provides both food and warmth. Their activity may slow a little during the winter months, but their colonies will grow exponentially in the spring when they typically begin to swarm.
How to Detect a Termite Infestation
- During the colder months, you may see mud tubes along basement walls.
- Indoors you may spot sawdust or “frass”, a mixture of sawdust and feces, located below exit holes in wood.
- Wood may sound hollow when tapped upon.
- You may occasionally hear faint rustling sounds in your walls when termites are actively gathering wood for food for their colonies.
- Rarely, as they are skilled at staying out of sight, you may see a live termite.
How to Prevent Termites
Limit termite potential for growth in the spring and summer by:
- Making sure your gutters are clog-free and leading water away from your home.
- Sealing around window and door frames.
- Installing weather stripping.
- Repairing leaky faucets.
- Using dehumidifiers in damp locations of your home, especially basements.
- Making your yard unattractive to termites by keeping mulch at least two feet from your foundation.
- Storing firewood at least twenty feet from your home.
- Keeping your yard free of debris and rotten organic matter.
- Keeping bushes trimmed at least one foot away from the exterior of your home.
How to Get Rid of Termites
In the end, your best step is to get professional treatment and protection for your Jasper home by contacting Action Pest Control. We provide expert termite inspections and management solutions that are convenient and effective.
Give us a call to find out more about our home pest control services, including the best protection with all all-inclusive Premier Pest Control Program. Start protecting your home with Action Pest Control today!
< Previous Next >