Pest birds can include many different types of birds that all rely on humans to help them survive. They nest on or near our homes or businesses and other structures, and they include:
- English sparrows
- Bats (although not birds, bats cause similar problems and are controlled in similar ways)
These pests are responsible for millions of dollars in damages to our homes and businesses every year with their droppings, which contain corrosive uric acid. Pest birds can also be quite hazardous to our physical health in several different ways. Their droppings can be slippery and can cause people to fall and seriously hurt themselves. Bird feces can also release spores into the air that are very dangerous when breathed into our lungs. Pest birds are also known for spreading parasites like fleas, ticks, and mites.
Biology and Behavior
- Pest birds like pigeons are active year-round and frequent areas where humans live, including urban, suburban, and rural environments.
- They are creatures of habit that choose to roost in the same places again and again.
- When in large numbers, pest birds like sparrows are incredibly noisy.
- Pest birds can spread diseases that include histoplasmosis, chlamydiosis, and salmonella.
Pest Bird Control Tips
- Making the environment around your structure unfavorable to pest birds can keep them from roosting. This can include installing exclusion tactics and structural modifications.
- Eliminate food sources that birds may be attracted to, including pet food, bird food, and garbage cans.
- Keep areas where they may want to nest covered, including gutters and flat roof spaces.
Action's Pest Bird Control Services
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”