Preparation For Fumigation
Don't you wish your home came with a reset button? When cockroaches start skittering everywhere, termite mud tubes start to appear on foundation walls, or bed bugs start leaving painful welts on your skin, wouldn't it be nice to be able to just press a button and reset your house back to a bug-free state? While that feature hasn't been invented yet, there is a pest control option that comes pretty close. When you choose fumigation, it's almost like pushing a reset button. It quickly takes care of all targeted pests, practically overnight. But, to take advantage of this powerful pest control method, there are a few things you'll need to do.
- A fumigation treatment relies on gases to eradicate pests. These gases are most effective when they can easily get to where they need to be. It helps to open cabinets, dresser drawers, cubbies, appliances, closets, trunks, and other closed spaces you want to have treated thoroughly.
- You'll want the gases to be able to easily pass from room to room. Make sure all doors are open between rooms.
- If you have blinds, draperies, or something else that covers your windows, raise them up or remove them to allow easy access for fumigation technician.
- If you have mattresses or furniture that have plastic covers on them, these will need to be removed to give the gas access.
- Be sure to remove, or seal in plastic, any sensitive items that are not already sealed in airtight containers by their manufacturer.
- The day before your fumigation, make sure you have someone from the gas company to turn your gas off if you have anything in your home that operates on gas.
- Trim your shrubs and bushes to give a space for the tents to be established around your home.
- Rake mulch more than a foot away from your foundation wall.
- The day before the fumigation, apply water to the perimeter of your home. This works to protect plants that are just outside the tent and to help prevent leakage.
You'll also need to make arrangements to stay somewhere during treatment. It can take as long as 72 hours to accomplish a fumigation, depending on the targeted pest. Your fumigation specialist will let you know the time tables and give direct assistance through the whole process.
If you have questions, or you would like to schedule a fumigation, feel free to speak to one of our online agents, send us an e-mail, or give us a call. We're looking forward to working with you to solve your pest problem.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”