How To Prevent Bed Bugs In 2014
Bed bugs are a pest that people love to hate. If you’ve never had a bed bug problem, maybe you’re fascinated by the fact that people could have them and never really know they are in their homes. Although it seems like you should wake up if you’ve got bugs crawling all over your skin, people really don’t feel these pests before they bite, so a bed bug problem can go months (or even years!) without being detected by a homeowner. If you have had bed bug problems before, you know how anxiety-inducing and stressful they can be! At Action, we have the know-how and the tools to exterminate these pests, but we know that for everyone’s peace of mind, it would be easier if these pests could be prevented in the first place. Here are some helpful tips from our bed bug control professionals on preventing a bed bug infestation in your home this year.
- Know what bed bugs look like. When you can recognize them, you’ll be better prepared to avoid picking them up while spending time away from home in a hotel, movie theater or other public place. Click here to learn more about bed bugs.
- Be aware of the places where bed bugs are known to hide. Typically bed bugs hide around beds, in mattresses and box springs, behind the head board, in bedside tables and even behind pictures on the wall. They want to be near their sleeping victim so that a blood meal is quick and easy to come by.
- Inspect, inspect, inspect. Inspect hotel rooms before you bring in your belongings; many bed bugs are brought home from unsuspecting travelers that stay in infested rooms, so recognizing bed bugs and the signs of their presence can help you avoid picking these pests up while on vacation.
- Travel with hard-sided luggage. This type of luggage is harder for bed bugs to get into and there are fewer places for them to hide.
- Welcome guests, not bed bugs. If you have visitors come to stay in your home, inspect the room after they depart for signs of bed bugs. Wash bedding in very hot temperatures; if bed bugs were present, the hot water will often kill them.
- Be proactive in the fight against bed bugs. Have preventative bed bug inspections performed periodically to detect a bed bug problem before it gets out of control. The sooner a bed bug problem is discovered, the easier it is to eradicate.
For more bed bug prevention tips, contact the pest control pros at Action. We also offer exceptional bed bug treatment services to eliminate these pests quickly. Our treatments include the bed bug heat treatment, which is a highly effective and eco-friendly control method that will often eliminate bed bug eggs, adult bed bugs and the entire infestation in just one treatment. Contact us today to learn more about our bed bug control services and to schedule your first inspection with the pest control professionals at Action Pest Control.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”