Bird Prevention Tips For Louisville Business Owners
Do you own a business in Louisville, KY? Is bird prevention the last thing on your mind? That is until you have an unwanted bird infestation in or around your business. Birds become a pest when they start looking for a place to nest or find a food source at your business. Some birds in the city have become reliant on humans for food and shelter, making them a real pest. These birds are not only annoying to find nesting in your business but they can pose some serious health risks. Their droppings can cause people to slip and accelerate the aging of structures. They also carry diseases and other pests like fleas, ticks and lice. Birds can really cause some problems for business owners in Louisville and anywhere else for that matter!
Here are a few tools and tips to help keep your business free of birds:
- Deterrent Spikes: These spikes are placed on ledges to keep birds from landing and roosting there.
- Owls: Plastic owls can help guard your business from having birds nesting there.
- Sonic Repeller: These bird repelling machines send out a signal that can repel birds for long distances. as much as an acre.
- Scare Balloons: These scare birds away with their vibrant colors and patterns.
- Plastic Snakes: These scare birds away but only work for a limited amount of time.
- Stop Nesting: Fill in access to holes and sloping areas where they may want to nest.
If you find that you have a bird infestation in or around your business, call a professional pest bird exterminator to have them assess and eliminate the problem. They can help you eradicate your current problem and help prevent future infestations as well.
The number one thing you do not want to do at your business is feeding the birds. If you give them easy access to food, they will multiply in number and continue to return for more food. Contact Action today for more information on controlling pest birds on your property!
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”