Why Year-Round Pest Control Is A Great Idea For Your Jasper Home
Jasper, KY offers a lot to its residents including beautiful seasons and gorgeous rivers and trails. Unfortunately, Jasper’s citizens aren’t the only residents who enjoy this place — all year long, pests are trying to maintain their colonies, and your home is the perfect space for them. Residents will benefit from year-round pest control in Jasper, otherwise an infestation can cause costly household damage and bring diseases into your home. Prevention plans are a small price to pay for the money and stress they save, so let’s dive into what pests you can expect and how to keep them out.
Common Pests In Jasper, KY
There’s a wide array of insects and rodents that want to set up an extended residence in your house. However, only a few are common pest infestations that we see around here.
These include the following:
- Cockroaches: Though they vary in size, color, and shape, all cockroaches are bad news. Roaches can carry diseases such as E. coli and salmonellosis, and they rely on your stored food to feed their families.
- Bed bugs: While they aren’t known to carry any diseases or ruin your property, they can make your nights extremely uncomfortable. Bed bugs settle in your sheets, carpet, clothes, and furniture, and when they come out at night, they feed on your blood and leave itchy bites everywhere.
- Rats and mice: They’re cute until they’re in your house. Rodents like rats and mice burrow in your home’s foundation, potentially weakening your house’s infrastructure. Additionally, they may burrow in your vents or near your food storage, introducing pathogens like hantavirus, tularemia, and salmonella.
- Termites: Once these winged beasts find their way beneath your home, you can expect them to slowly eat away at your foundation, chewing through your floorboards and support beams until your ceiling sags, your floors creak, and your furniture falls apart.
- Ants: These critters are some of the most versatile, coming in a range of sizes, colors, and bringing an assortment of problems with them. You can expect an ant infestation to get into your food supply, ruin your garden, and push out other, more helpful colonies, causing both ecological destruction and potential health problems.
Pest Prevention Tips
Because these pests are small and persistent, it’s hard to prevent them entirely. However, you can start with the basics: seal any cracks in your home’s exterior, especially your windows, doors, shingles, vents, and chimney.
Additionally, make sure there aren’t any spaces that pests can burrow in. Junk piles, spaces under appliances, and the backs of your closets are all fair game. Finally, try not to attract pests: many of them are nocturnal, so if you keep your lights on overnight, they may find your home and stay in it.
Since pests happen year-round, it’s best to make a year-round pest prevention plan. The benefits include:
- Protecting your family from diseases: Even if pests aren’t carrying infectious pathogens, certain infestations can cause breathing problems, allergies, and even asthma.
- Keeping your home’s foundation strong: Pests that burrow are probably eating at your floorboards or damaging your pipes and vents, weakening your home and causing potential damage.
- Saving time and money: When a problem spirals, your bank account spirals with it. Home repairs and doctors' visits are costly, and the worse the infestation is, the more an exterminator might charge you.
Often, Jasper residents try to take a piecemeal approach to pest prevention, working against pests case-by-case. However, holistic prevention is much preferred to this, because it is much more efficient and effective to bar all pests from your property.
The best way to do this, on top of general pest prevention tips, is to utilize year-round services from your local pest professionals. Action Pest Control’s year-round prevention program is the top solution for Jasper homeowners, as our pest prevention services are comprehensive and won’t harm the health of your household. Continue life as usual in your household — minus the pests!
If you need help crafting a year-round prevention plan or want the experts in pest control to help protect your Jasper home, you’re already in the right place.
Contact Action Pest Control to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Jasper.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”