Struggling To Deter The German Roaches Inside Your Lexington Home?
German cockroaches are one of the smallest species of cockroaches found around the world. However, a few eggs can spark an all-out German cockroach infestation, which is why it is important to hire Action Pest Control for the best pest control in Lexington. Also, since cockroaches are so hard to get rid of, you need a professional cockroach remedy to get the job done. This article will share signs of identifying German cockroaches, their dangers, and tips on keeping them away from your house.
Clear Signs Of German Cockroaches In Your Home
Might there be signs of cockroach infestations in your house? Here are some signs for you to consider:
- Cockroach activity during the day: Cockroaches are usually active at night, so if you see them crawling around your house in the daytime, you might have a cockroach infestation.
- A musty and oily smell: German cockroaches produce odorous chemicals. So, if you smell an oily and musty odor, you might be dealing with an infestation of German cockroaches.
- Cockroach droppings: German cockroach droppings look like coffee grounds or ground pepper; you can easily find dark stains on countertops or drawers.
- Dead cockroaches: If you find dead German roaches around the houses, you will likely encounter their friends.
- High presence of smaller brown cockroaches: German cockroaches are common in bathrooms and kitchens because of the high presence of moisture and food. In the bathroom, they eat toothpaste and soap.
Once you spot German cockroaches, contact professional exterminators because they are health risks to your family.
Why German Roaches Are So Dangerous To Your Health
The gestation period of German cockroaches is short, and this is a window where a few eggs can produce a large infestation, resulting in allergies and asthma complications. The saliva and feces of a German cockroach contain proteins and allergens that can cause asthma attacks. If their population grows, the roaches will look for new food sources to support their colony, including food residue on human skin. German cockroaches can also bite and cause mild skin irritation.
Five Tips To Keep Cockroaches Away From Your Home
The ability of cockroaches to breed fast means that you will need professional German cockroach treatment. Ideally, experts are the only ones who can provide the most efficient German cockroach pest control solution. But use the following tips to prevent roaches from infesting your home.
- Limit food access: They will move away if you can prevent them from accessing water and food. Avoid leaving water in sinks and bowls. Also, store food in tightly-sealed containers.
- Clean your house: Wipe all the surfaces where you prepare food. Clean any food or liquid spills, especially under appliances (fridges, stovetops, ovens, dishwashers) and under the sink.
- Declutter: Remove access clutter like magazines and newspapers, which are usually the hiding spaces of cockroaches.
- Fill cracks and gaps: Seal off gaps on the foundation, holes around pipes, and light fixtures.
- Hire professional treatment: Experts provide a more effective way of removing the German cockroach nest and all the roaches on your property.
If you have applied all these tips but still think there is a cockroach infestation around your property, contact Action Pest Control.
The Trick To Completely Getting Rid Of German Roaches In Your Home
German cockroaches are common in the Lexington area. Any first signs or cockroach activity in your house should lead you to alert the services of Action Pest Control, who are ready to control these pests with the most advanced treatment methods that can make your home cockroach-free. We are the team for the job if you are looking for a proactive way to manage pests in your home.
German cockroaches are a small species of cockroaches. If they infest your house, they can spread allergies and cause asthma. To prevent these pests from disturbing the peace in your home, hire pest control experts who can offer a bi-monthly pest program to assess your roach problem and issue the best solution. Contact Action Pest Control today for more details.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”