Finding Ants And Spiders In Indiana? You’re Not Alone!
Both ants and spiders will find your home during the summer time, but did you know they may continue to bother you through the fall? Common house spiders, brown recluse spiders, pavement ants and odorous house ants may all be causing you problems in your Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois home, which is why the pest control pros at Action offer the TermaPest® System. This system is a five-step process that will establish and maintain a pest free environment without disrupting your family or the natural environment. But as an added protection to our services, there are a few things you can do on your own to help prevent ants and spiders in Indiana from taking over your home this fall.
- Eliminate any points of entry for these pests. Ants and spiders may both find their way into your home through gaps in the exterior around utility pipes or cables, cracks in the foundation, holes or snags in window and door screens, and even gaps around doors and windows. Block all of these gaps with caulking or weather stripping and make sure to replace any screens with rips or tears to reduce entry points for these pests.
- Don’t leave food on the counters. Ants will be attracted to your food sources and will leave pheromone trails for other ants to follow to find your food. Readily available food sources can allow ants to thrive inside your home and invite more inside!
- Install sodium vapor lighting in your exterior light fixtures. These kinds of lights attract fewer insects, which should help reduce the population of spiders inside your home.
- Reduce areas of clutter inside your home. This can help to eliminate areas where spiders like to hide including common storage areas like the attic, basement, or crawl spaces.
- Whenever you see spider webs, remove them immediately. When spiders no longer have undisturbed areas to build their webs, they move out of your home.
- Don’t use DIY treatments to control ants and spiders; often times these treatments are mis-applied, which can be dangerous for you and for your family; when mis-applied, sometimes these treatments can cause the pest problem to become worse.
- Store food in airtight containers in the cupboards; if ants have no access to food, your home will not be an appropriate environment.
If you have seen spiders in your home, especially brown recluse spiders, please call us today for our brown recluse treatment service. Because these arachnids are known for delivering a toxic bite, having them inside your home is less than ideal. Although brown recluse spiders are known for their reclusivity, they may be hiding inside your dresser drawers, between your sheets and even inside your shoes. Because of this, you may have a run-in with a brown recluse before you even realize you have a brown recluse problem!
For all other ant, spider and general pest control problems, we will be happy to help! Give us a call today to learn more about treatments for spiders in Kentucky homes and businesses as well as those ants that are driving you crazy. We’ve been helping home and business owners in our service area get rid of these pests for over 67 years and we’d be happy to help take care of the pests that are bothering you too!
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”