Fall Pest Prevention Tips From The Louisville Pest Control Pros
Fall is here in Louisville and in the pest control world that means one thing- pests are going to try to get into your home. Wondering why? Wouldn’t you like to be in your warm and cozy home when the weather gets cold? Pests feel the same way that we do- when the winter winds begin to blow, there is no place like home! Luckily for you, the Louisville pest control professionals at Action have you covered. We’ve come up with a quick guide to fall pest control and keeping these home invaders out! Here are a few simple things you can do to prevent pests from entering your home this fall:
- Eliminate possible areas of entry around the exterior of your home. If there are gaps around doors or windows, uncovered vents, holes in the exterior around pipes or utility wires or even an uncovered chimney, these areas all need to be fixed before winter arrives. Not only will mending these gaps help insulate your home this winter, it can also keep pest invaders like the Norway rat, the house mouse and other rodents from entering.
- Clean up the kitchen. Rodents are interested in the food you have available, so cleaning up crumbs and spills and making sure that all the food in your cupboards is protected in glass or heavy duty plastic containers can help keep you from unknowingly feeding the pest invaders that have found their way into your home.
- Keep your home clutter-free. Pests often like to hide inside clutter and if you have clutter throughout your home, pests like the brown recluse spider, the black widow spider or other venomous spiders may be making cozy little homes all over the place. Remove clutter, place unused belongings in air-tight containers and always vacuum up any webs, spiders or spider egg sacs you may come across to eliminate these pests.
- Trim back tree branches, shrubs, bushes and other vegetation from the side of your home. These things can act as a ‘bridge’ to allow rodents and other opportunistic pests entry to your home.
- Install yellow lights in exterior light fixtures to attract fewer insects than white lights. This can limit the population of insects that find their way into your home, along with the population of spiders that find their way in.
- Keep your home free of damp or moist environments. Fall pest invaders often like damp environments, so eliminating moisture through the use of a dehumidifier or installed vents in bathrooms or kitchens can reduce humidity and prevent future pest problems.
For more information on pest control services and pest prevention, the Louisville exterminators at Action Pest Control are at your service! Our local pest control program will identify pest problems, introduce control measures and help keep pests from returning. When you choose our TermaPest System, we offer comprehensive pest management as well as termite monitoring for a single price. Give us a call today to learn more about our year round pest control to eliminate pests that are trying to get into your home this fall and keep them out through every season of the year.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”