Birds And Your Business
Birds are majestic creatures. For this reason, it is sometimes hard to remember that they can cause problems for a business. Whether you own or manage a large facility or a small mom and pop store, it is good to know the hazards birds can present.
- When pest birds make their nests in electrical boxes it can result in a fire or power outage.
- Pest birds leave a mess, and that mess needs to be cleaned up. This means money spent on water, electricity, and man-hours for cleanup efforts, instead of improvements or advertising.
- Bird droppings are more than an unsightly mess, they can also be damaging to your property. For instance, pigeon droppings contain uric acid, a corrosive agent capable of eating through concrete and metals. When you have pigeons nesting and perching on your ledges and roof, the cost of this damage can add up.
- Bird droppings from all pest birds can be a slipping hazard on walkways. This can lead to employee slips, worker's compensation claims, and missed work. When customers slip on bird droppings, it can lead to a lawsuit. Neither of these is good for the bottom line of a business.
- When pest birds get into closed-in spaces, like attic areas, clean up and maintenance personnel can be exposed to the dangerous human-spread pathogens that can be found in bird feces, pathogens like: histoplasmosis, salmonella, toxoplasmosis, encephalitis, and more. Make sure all employees that go into these spaces wear a mask and protective clothing.
- Pest birds can get into machinery that has moving parts. If this is a danger for your business, it is important to have netting or mesh installed to keep pest birds out.
- The nests birds create can become a problem when they are built in gutters. Obstructed gutters can lead to water damage and wood rot. If water is channeled onto a roof, flooding can lead to a collapse.
- Nests, droppings, and pest birds can also damage a company's image by making a business appear unkempt or rundown.
Birds can be a problem, but they don't have to be one for your business. At Action Pest Control, we use the most advanced bird deterrents and exclusion installations available in the industry, so those birds know they are unwelcome on your property. Schedule a visit with one of our experienced bird control professionals to have your business assessed for pest bird related hazards, and keep those birds from hurting your bottom line.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”