Bed Bugs Targeting Owensboro Nursing Homes
May 22, 2018
Bed bugs are just plain creepy, especially when they find their way into your bed at night and feast on your blood without your permission, leaving you with itchy red dots. Bed bugs can be found almost anywhere in the world! They don’t differentiate between clean or dirty either, so no home or public place is safe from an infestation. They only care about their access to a blood meal, which they need to survive and breed. The most frustrating thing about bed bugs is their size, as they can be as small as the tip of a pen. Once they become adults you can find them if you know where to look. Bed bugs are very good at being evasive until all is quiet and they can move in for a blood meal, usually at night while you are sleeping.
These pests invade a variety of places that include homes, hotels, theaters, libraries, workplaces, daycares, schools, buses, trains, planes, ships, taxis, and anywhere people frequent on a regular basis. They can also invade nursing homes. If you are a caretaker or loved one of someone in a nursing home, you should be aware of the signs and symptoms of a bed bug infestation:
- The most obvious is the actual sighting of live bed bugs. They are brownish-red flat ovals, that become redder and fill out after a blood meal. They have 2 antennae, 6 legs, and shiny horizontal lines on their abdomen.
- They may cause a strong musty smell that you will notice when you enter the room. This is the bed bug's potent pheromones and the odor can become very foul.
- The tell-tale bite marks and itchy red dots that are usually in a line or cluster on the skin.
- Bed bug urine leaves a pale brown stain across furniture and bedding.
- Bed bug feces leaves a maroon or brown streak or dots on bedding, baseboards, outlet covers, and floor.
- Blood spots may be found on bedding and furniture.
- Dead bed bugs and their shed exoskeletons may be laying in the creases of mattresses, bedding, and carpets.
It is very important that you notify someone right away if you see any signs of bed bugs in a nursing home. A small infestation can turn into a huge problem in a very short period of time. These pests cannot be eliminated easily and a professional pest control service will be required to eradicate the infestation.
In Owensboro, you can count on the knowledgeable professionals at Action Pest Control for the most advanced bed bug services. Our team is more than happy to help, give us a call today!
< Previous Next >