Bed Bug Warning For Louisville Residents
Do you have a spring vacation in your immediate future? Do you plan on taking a trip to some tropical region to enjoy some much needed fun in the sun? Whether you're taking a trip far from home, or traveling to somewhere closer, it is important to make bed bug detection part of your vacation plans. Not only could it save you from waking up with a few dozen unsightly bites on your beach body, it will also help you keep these blood-eating pests from returning to your Louisville home.
Detecting bed bugs isn't something you only do in your hotel room. It is something you should be continually engaged in through your entire trip. Bed bugs can be found in planes, trains, buses, taxi cabs, and other forms of public transit.
Here are some things you should know:
- Know how to identify these pests. When you see an oval, rust-colored bug crawling around on a seat cushion, or worse, your body, you should be aware that it is could be a bed bug.
- Know that when these bugs infest, there is often a smell. If you notice a damp, musty towel smell, there could be a bed bug infestation.
- Know that black residue on the stitching of upholstered seats could be bed bug feces. If this residue also has shed insects skins stuck to it or dark brown blood staining, it is likely that the seat has bed bugs inside.
Detecting bed bugs in the room you will be staying in will only take a couple of minutes and could save you from a frustrating ordeal. Here are some things you should do:
- When you arrive, put your bags in the bathroom. Bed bugs are less likely to be in there. (and you should be able to see them if they are crawling around on the tiles if they are)
- Do a quick inspection of your room. Pull the blankets down on all the beds and examine the sheets for brown staining, insect casings, or the bugs themselves. Pull mattress covers up and quickly examine the seams all the way around the mattress. If you see black residue, insect casings, or brown staining, contact someone in management.
- Quickly inspect the backboard, baseboards on the walls, and outlet covers for black streaks.
- Inspect upholstered furniture in the room for the signs listed above.
Keeping an eye out for bed bugs takes some effort, but it is a small price to pay to keep these pests from ruining an expensive vacation, or returning to your home to create a future nightmare. Learn to make bed bug detection a part of your vacation plans.
If you need bed bug protection for your Louisville home or business, Action Pest Control offers industry-leading services that stop infestations before they begin, and quickly eradicate bed bugs when they are found. Ask us about our K-9 bed bug detection services, heat treatments, and fumigation services. You'll see why homes and businesses in choose Action Pest Control for effective bed bug control.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”