Action Pest Control Warns Homeowners Against Fall Pest Invasions
During the fall months, smaller pests including spiders, rodents, and over-wintering pests like lady bugs and box elder bugs, search for a place to take refuge from the cold winter ahead – and houses are a great option. Unfortunately, these pests usually multiply fast, leading to a greater infestation and pest problem. They can damage homes and can even become a danger to our health.”
Action Pest Control advises homeowners to take some precautionary measures in keeping pests at bay this fall by following these steps:
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home with caulk.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep shrubbery well trimmed.
We also encourage homeowners to always be on the lookout for tell tale signs of a pest infestation. If you find rodent feces, hear sounds of scurrying in the walls or observe gnaw marks on wires, it’s best to contact a pest professional to inspect and treat the potential problem.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”