How much do you know about termites? If you were to find a termite-infested tree on your property or you picked up a dead branch and saw little worker termites on it, would you know what to do?
Certified termite control professionals use advanced products and proven methods to get rid of termites. Without these products and this specialized knowledge, it is hard to get rid of termites. Today, we're going to share a few tips to help you with termite prevention and control, and let you know who to call if you need termite pest control in Kentucky.
Signs Of Subterranean Termites On Your Kentucky Property
The most important thing you can do to protect your property against termite damage is to know how to look for signs of termites in your yard, such as:
- Termite workers crawling around on the ground underneath wood sources.
- Termite workers under mulch.
- The appearance of termite swarmers around your property.
- Termite swarmer wings on the ground or in spider webs
- Damage to wood that touches the soil.
- The appearance of mud tubes on your exterior.
When you detect signs of termites in your yard, you can take action and contact Action Pest Control for a termite treatment to stop termite damage early. This will prevent termites from causing extensive damage.
When you want to prevent termite damage on your own, you'll need to use control products to perform your own prevention treatments, but this is not the best way to get rid of termites. If you're not trained in termite control, there are many ways your treatments may fail.
Why It Is So Hard To Get Rid Of Subterranean Termites
Termite control professionals use specialized knowledge and professional-grade products to get rid of termites. When Kentucky residents try to get rid of termites on their own, over-the-counter products often fail. There are many reasons for this. Perhaps the most common reason is that these products become ineffective due to weather conditions. They must be installed and maintained properly to eliminate termite colonies.
When DIY control fails, this failure can go unnoticed because subterranean termites live in the ground or inside wood, hidden from view. Another reason to have a professional handle termite control is that professionals are trained and equipped to detect active termites. There is a whole lot more to termite inspections than looking for a termite-infested tree or mud tubes on exterior surfaces.
The only termite control we recommend to residents are measures that are known to be effective when performed by property owners, such as applying exclusions. If you take the time to seal exterior gaps and cracks, you can naturally deter termites from getting into your home.
How Do Subterranean Termites Get Into Homes?
It is not commonly understood that termite swarmers do not eat wood. The only way swarmers can get into your home is through gaps and cracks that are available. If you use a caulking gun to seal entry points, you can keep swarmers from getting into your home.
Keep in mind that Eastern subterranean termites aren't likely to make an aerial nest in your walls. They need contact with the ground. They're going to get into crawl spaces and cellars to create nests. They'll do this through gaps in wood and cracks in foundation walls.
Who To Call About Subterranean Termites
If you've found active termites on your Kentucky property (or, hopefully, long before you detect activity) contact Action Pest Control. We offer termite prevention, annual termite inspections, and termite treatments to arrest infestations. This is the best way to prevent damage and the best way to get rid of termites in Kentucky.
Here are a few things you can expect from Action Pest Control:
- Our technicians are licensed professionals.
- We use the most advanced and trusted products, such as products by Termidor® and Sentricon®.
- We use professional inspections to determine current termite activity and conducive conditions, and we evaluate the termite control needed. These inspections may also be performed separately from year-round termite control services.
- We use liquid termiticides or bait to arrest termite activity and proactively prevent termite damage. Bait also helps to provide better termite monitoring.
- We perform an annual termite inspection to make sure the products we've installed are doing their job. Annual inspections are available apart from year-round termite control but independent inspections are only for detecting active termites. They don't work to proactively protect your home from damage.
- We offer a money-back guarantee and damage warranty.
Subterranean termites are a threat in Kentucky. We can't tell you how much of a threat they will present to your property. All we can tell you is that it is far better to be proactive about guarding against termite damage. Reach out to us anytime for more information or to request service.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”