When Is It Time To Call A Professional For Cockroaches In My Louisville Home?
How many cockroaches would you have to find in your home before you consider calling a professional? One, five, one-hundred? The number varies depending on the individual. If you are not deathly afraid of cockroaches you may see one or two and think nothing of it, believing they are just traveling through and will be gone soon.
However, as the weeks and months go on and one every so often becomes twenty scattering every time you turn on a light, you may start second guessing your original assumption. If your home has invited cockroaches in, most likely it is providing them with everything they need to survive and thrive. If you see one or two cockroaches, chances are there are many others hiding away, just outside your point of view.
Why Prevention is Important but DIY Efforts Can Fai
There are several steps you can take as a homeowner to prevent cockroaches.
- Starting from the outside of the house, consider trimming back trees and bushes away from the exterior walls of your home. Often times cockroaches will use these areas for cover when invading your home.
- Check the exterior of your home to make sure it is in good repair. If you find any damage such as cracks or holes, use a caulking gun to fill those vulnerable spots, for large holes and cracks, consider professional repair.
Once you have done everything you can to exclude cockroaches from your home, look at what is drawing them inside.
Mainly this includes:
- Trash bins. Store garbage in bins outside, a good distance away from your home and with tightly fitting lids.
- Food that has been left out. Food should always be tightly sealed in airtight containers and stored in the refrigerator when possible.
- Keep in mind that cockroaches are filthy creatures. The cleaner the environment they invade, the less likely they will be to stick around. Keeping a clean house is the best way to keep cockroaches away.
Why Call a Professional Immediately
It is not hard for a cockroach infestation to get out of control. If you find yourself watching cockroaches bravely search for food during the day, you can know for certain that you have a significant infestation. Regardless of the size of the infestation, incorporating the help of a pest professional is key.
More often than not DIY methods fall short and, despite our best efforts, cockroaches still find a way to invade. This is why we started Action Pest Control. If your home has cockroaches, don’t let them go unnoticed or ignored. Call Action and set yourself up for pest-free success.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”