What To Do About Stink Bugs
Do you have brown, shield-shaped bugs crawling on the outside of your home? Do you see them on window screens, doors screens, and siding? Are they tucked into the groove of your sliding glass doors when you go out onto your balcony or porch? This is the season when brown marmorated stink bugs in Terre Haute, Indiana leave the crop fields and start to make themselves a nuisance for residential homes. But, you don't have to let stink bugs take over. Here are some tips to keep them out.
Stink Bug Tips For Terre Haute Homes
- Your screens are your front line defense against stink bugs. When these bugs come to crawl on your windows and doors, make sure they find your screens impenetrable. It is also a good idea to check around your screens for any gaps or holes where the screen frame sets into the window frame.
- If you have basement windows, make sure there are no chips or cracks in the mortar around those windows.
- If you have unprotected vents, cover those vents with window-grade screening.
- Inspect your exterior walls for any holes, gaps, or cracks, especially holes made by other insects and rodents. Use a caulking gun to fill them in until you can get those areas properly repairs. Also look closely around pipes, outlets, and air conditioning units. These are notorious entry points.
- Inspect door sweeps and weather stripping to be sure they have a good seal.
- Trim back trees and bushes from your exterior walls.
If any stink bugs get inside, use a vacuum cleaner to suck them up, and dispose of the bag outside. If you're only finding one or two, you can easily get them in the morning when they are slow moving. Simply pick them up and toss them out. If you're sensitive to their chemical excretions, use gloves or a piece of paper towel.
These tips could adequately solve your stink bug problem. But, if stink bugs are still finding a way into your home, and you would prefer to not have to keep sucking them up with your vacuum, the pest specialists here at Action Pest Control would be happy to inspect your home and apply advanced home pest control protocols to fully exclude them.
Stink bugs aren't dangerous, but living with these chemical-producing insects can be extremely frustrating. If you've had enough, we understand. Help is just a click away.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”