Tips To Keep Ants Out Of Your Owensboro Home This Spring
It’s spring, which means you have ants knocking at your door. They are ready to invade, and if you aren’t prepared to combat them, you are in for a challenging season. Ants are social insects. After one ant enters, hundreds more will follow. Here are the most effective tips to keep ants out of your home.
What Kind of Ant is in My House?
Before you can prevent ants, you need to know what you are working with. Identify the ants using our pest library to help you devise a plan of attack and prevention. The most common ants in the Owensboro area are:
- Carpenter ants: 1/4 of an inch to 1/2 of an inch, shiny and black. These ants build nests in wood.
- Odorous house ants: 1/16 of an inch to 1/8 of an inch and black. These ants build colonies anywhere. They feed on all types of food, including anything from sweets to dead animals; and they emit a strong smell when crushed.
- Pavement ants: 1/16 of an inch to 1/8 of an inch and black. These ants can be found in cracks in the ground, under paving stones, and in hollow area. Colonies can grow into the thousands.
Tips to Keep Ants out of Your House
Now that you know what type of ant you see in and around your home, it is time to stop them in their tracks.
- Do not put babies to bed with bottles.
- Keep food in airtight containers.
- Clean and vacuum often.
- Seal openings around your home, including windows, pipes, and doors.
- Remove and repair leaky faucets and hoses.
- Pick up pet water and food bowls.
- Keep shrubs and other debris away from the outside of your home.
- Use a covered garbage can indoors.
- Use a disinfectant to clean your home.
- Take your garbage out often.
- Inspect foods and drinks before bringing them back into your home if you eat outdoors.
- Do not eat in other rooms of your house besides your kitchen or dining room.
- Call Action Pest Control.
The best way to prevent and control ants in your home is to call the professionals. Action Pest Control has commercial and residential pest control solutions that tackle the exterior and interior of your home. Treatment includes control methods, interior treatments, baiting, and window sill vacuuming depending on the method you choose. Call now to find out which pest control method is the most effective for your home or business.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”