Tips To Help Avoid Stinging Insects This Summer
You want to walk outside and enjoy your yard without having to worry about a bug stinging your toes when you walk in the grass, or yellow jackets and wasps stinging your little ones when they go to play outside. Stinging insects are not only a painful problem, but they are difficult to get rid of. What can you do about these stinging insects in your yard?
Types Of Stinging Insects In Louisville
If you are wondering what stinging insect you see swarming around your home, this guide can help you out. Here are the most common types of stinging insects in the Louisville area.
- Yellow jackets
- Paper wasps
- Solitary wasps
Problems Caused By Stinging Insects
Stinging insects are not a danger to the environment or to your yard. In fact, insects such as wasps do a good job of controlling nuisance insects that feed on your plants. Stinging insects are also great because they pollinate your gardens and other outdoor plants. However, when you have stinging insects in your yard, they can become aggressive and territorial. Our residential clients report these problems with stinging insects in their yards.
- Venom can cause allergic reactions.
- Stinging insects build nests on the side of the house or on kids’ outdoor equipment.
- The aggressive nature of these pests become a problem for family members walking by.
- They are difficult to get rid of once they nest.
- Insects cause property damage when they nest.
Preventing Stinging Insects
There are two ways to take care of stinging insects: prevention and control. If you haven’t been targeted yet, here are a few ways you can prevent stinging insects from taking over your backyard.
- Trim foliage away from your home.
- Don’t plant new trees and shrubs near the outside of your home.
- Seal spaces around doors and windows.
- Install insect screens and replace them if necessary; this includes ventilation spaces with screens, too.
- Replace broken or missing shingles and siding.
- Have a cap installed on your chimney.
- When you see a wasp’s nest, contact Action Pest Control.
Action Pest Control’s stinging insect control program includes a thorough inspection of your home, as well as a personalized control program to meet your needs. Call now to learn more about the stinging insect control plan. The inspection is free and the peace of mind is priceless.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”