The Simplest Way To Get Rodents Out Of Your Evansville Home
Christmas is coming soon, and there is a possibility you may receive an unexpected gift. That surprise could be a family member that unexpectedly shows up for Christmas Day or a special gift you didn't think you'd receive. Some surprises are exciting and bring joy, but others do the opposite. For example, hearing an unexpected scratching sound at night is not what you want to hear because it indicates rodents are in your house.
If you suspect rodents are sharing your home with you, you need the best pest control in Evansville, Action Pest Control. We consistently rank in the top 100 pest control companies nationwide, and our mission is to continue providing award-winning customer service. We have the tools and experience to remove rodents from your home.
Signs There Are Rodents Living Inside Your Home
House rodents are active while you sleep but leave evidence of their activity. The following are indications of rodents in your Evansville home:
- Gnaw marks: Rodents have growing incisor teeth that require constant trimming by chewing various items. Chew marks on wood, wiring, boxes, and furniture indicate rodents in the house.
- Holes: Rats create two-inch diameter holes in walls and floors a few inches off the ground.
- Grease marks: The oily fur on rodents attracts dirt and grim from the filthy areas they forage. They leave smear marks when they rub against walls, corners, and objects.
- Urine stains: Rodents alert other rodents of a food source through pheromones in their urine.
- Droppings: Both mice and rats produce rod-shaped droppings, but mouse pellets have pointed ends, whereas rat feces have blunt ends.
- Partially eaten food: Mice and rats leave food crumbs along their pathways.
- Tracks: Rats and mice leave four and five-toed footprints.
- Odor: The greater the concentration of rodents, the more you will notice a smell from their urine.
When small rodents like rats and mice find a food source in your home, they create pathways from the food to their nest. You will see these indicators along their trails.
The Dangerous Diseases Rodents Can Carry
House mice, deer mice, Norway rats, and roof rats are rodents in Evansville that invade homes. House and deer mice carry leptospirosis, salmonellosis and tularemia. In addition, deer mice spread hantavirus and adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). House mice also spread lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM). Diseases rats carry are leptospirosis, tularemia, salmonellosis, and rat-bite fever.
These diseases spread when humans come into contact with the following:
As the rodents travel across surfaces, they defecate and pollute the areas. Rodents contaminate food products from their saliva; the saliva transfers bacteria and viruses to humans if a rodent bites them. The oily fur of rodents attracts pathogens, so even if the rodent is dead, you can still contract a disease from the animal.
Why Rodent Traps Don't Typically Work
People often purchase traps to get rid of rodents, but they do not solve the problem. You will kill a few rodents with the traps, but the infestation will continue unless you destroy the nest and the reproducing females. Traps may temporarily reduce the rodent population but will stop the infestation.
How To Safely Get Rid Of Rodents In Your Evansville Home
Effective rodent control in Evansville requires a multi-pronged approach from our pest control professionals at Action Pest Control. We inspect your home to determine hot spots, nesting locations, entry points, and attractions to your property. Next, we develop a strategy targeting the rodent using traps and rodent baiting. Finally, we perform small exclusions to eliminate entry points in the home. Contact us today to request your free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Evansville.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”