Pest Proof Your Lexington Home
The old saying goes, “Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today,” and this couldn’t be more true; especially when it comes to pest-proofing your Lexington home. While pest proofing may not seem super exciting, you will be super excited once it is done and your home is free of pesky nuisance and damaging pests!
The experts at Action Pest Control would like to help you to ensure that your home is free of pests now and throughout the rest of the year as well. Living in a pest free home is possible by just making some simple changes and repairs around your home and property. Believe us when we tell you pests will take notice of the changes and move on to an easier target!
Listed below are some of our best tips to help you pest proof your home against a variety of pests including insects, rodents, spiders, and stinging insects!
- Seal large and tiny cracks in your home’s foundation and seal off the spaces around utility lines and pipes that enter into your home. Pests can wiggle through even the tiniest of spaces.
- Inspect your home's roofline and soffits to make sure there aren’t any holes, and replace or repair any missing or loose roof shingles.
- Caulk gaps and spaces around exterior windows, doors, and air-conditioning units.
- Check wooden structures that are attached to your home or near your home for signs of water damage or rot, replace any areas that are affected.
- Make sure that there is a barrier between any mulch or grass and your home’s foundation, and trim back any overgrown trees, bushes, or shrubs from your house. Pests will use these branches as a ladder and bridge right into your home.
- Keep your lawn maintained and trimmed short, pests love to hide in long grasses.
- Try to place outdoor trash cans, woodpiles, compost bins, and garden areas a distance away from your house.
- Reduce the humidity levels in your inside your home by using dehumidifiers and air-conditioners.
- Limit clutter and regularly remove trash from inside and outside. Be sure that all your trash containers have securely locking lids.
- In kitchen and pantry areas immediately clean up crumbs and spills, routinely wash dirty dishes, and store food in the refrigerator or in sealed containers instead of out on tables or counters.
Along with taking the time to pest proof your Lexington home the surefire way to ensure a pest free house is to implement a year-round home pest control program. By partnering with Action Pest we can provide you with year-round services through our 5 step TermaPest System. We take great pride that this system is both fully guaranteed and environmentally friendly. The TermaPest System works to control over 40 common household pests that if left untreated may cause damage to your home, personal belongings, and may even introduce diseases to your family.
For more information on the TermaPest System and how by working together we can get your Lexington home pest-free and keep it pest-free contact the pros at Action Pest today!
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”