March 25-29 Is Termite Awareness Week!
Action Pest Control Encourages Public Awareness Of Termites During Warmer Months
This week, Action Pest Control is proud to observe Termite Awareness Week, an annual observance by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to promote public vigilance against termites and educate homeowners about ways to ensure their properties don’t fall victim to this voracious pest.
Pest proofing and home improvement projects are often designated to the spring season. Now is the perfect time of year to take the necessary steps to protect our properties from costly damage. Because termites aren’t often detected until it’s too late, we advise consumers to arrange for an annual termite inspection from a qualified pest professional.
Termites feed 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the cellulose found in wood and paper products. They can silently chew through structures undetected and cause more than $5 billion in property damage every year, an expense that isn’t typically covered under homeowners’ insurance policies.
Action Pest Control offers the following termite prevention tips for homeowners to help guard against them:
- Carefully inspect the perimeter of the home for mud tubes and rotting wood.
- Repair fascia, soffits and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Maintain a one-inch gap between soil and wood portions of the home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and check it for pests before bringing it indoors.
- Divert water away from the home through properly functioning downspouts and gutters.
To schedule a free termite inspection, call us today!
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”