Keeping Indianapolis Homes Cockroach-Free In 2019
January 4, 2019
It's hard to believe that it is already 2019. Where has the time gone? The holiday season has finally passed, and we only have a few more months before winter shifts into spring.
The new year is open, with an endless amount of possibilities, both good and bad. How will you make this year your best one yet? One way you can start is by investing in high-quality pest control so that when the warmer months come around and cockroaches begin invading homes across Indianapolis, your home will not be on their radar.
How and Where Cockroaches Invade This Holiday Season
Cockroaches will invade your home this year for a number of reasons:
- Food, warmth, water, and shelter.
- Cockroaches prefer filthy, moist, dark conditions. They gather in areas of the home such as boiler rooms, wet basements, and wherever sewage is held.
Cockroaches get into your home in a variety of ways:
- They come in from your yard through an entry point, such as a hole in your exterior wall, gaps around doors, or tears in window screens.
- They stow away and sneak into your home in grocery bags and baggage, and possibly even hidden in the folds of your clothing after a trip to the laundromat.
Prevention Steps You Can Take
Cockroach do-it-yourself tips can be a little tricky, due to the nature of cockroaches and the plethora of ways and reasons they invade homes.
However, if you consider the following tips, you may be able to prevent a future infestation:
- Remove and reduce moisture sources in and around your home. Run humidifiers in especially damp areas to help dry out those spaces.
- Seal gaps and cracks found around your home. Cockroaches use these spaces to gain easy access to your home.
- Ensure that window and door screens are in good repair.
- Install door sweeps on all exterior doors.
- Remove food sources. Don't leave food out overnight. Sweep up crumbs, and immediately clean up any food that is dropped on floors or furniture.
- Limit clutter and debris in and around your home, giving cockroaches fewer places to hide.
How Action Can Help
At Action Pest Control, we understand how difficult cockroach infestations are to handle, especially as we head into spring when conditions that attract them increase. We want to help. Has your home fallen siege to cockroaches? Would you like some extra help keeping your home pest-free this new year?
Make achieving a pest free home one of your New Year's resolutions. Contact Action Pest Control. We are here to serve you!
< Previous Next >