How To Prevent Bed Bugs In High-Traffic Areas: Healthcare Professional’s Edition
Healthcare professionals have plenty to worry about besides pests, but having nuisance animals inside medical facilities is a big problem. The public counts on healthcare facilities to be clean and free of the harmful health effects caused by the presence of pests. There are few insects that can cause as severe a problem in healthcare settings as bed bugs.
Bed Bugs In Healthcare Facilities Are A Big Problem
A place with so many beds that are occupied by a rotating population of patients is an absolute haven for bed bugs. They like to nest and hide in mattresses and clothing items. So having so much ready material around in hospitals and doctor’s offices means bed bugs are common occurrences inside these facilities. Once inside, bed bugs can result in many of the following problems:
- Health risks: Bed bugs can cause anemia in some individuals if the infestation is allowed to go on long enough.
- Discomfort: Bed bug bites itch and swell, causing yet another problem for patients than the one they came in for in the first place. No medical professional wants to cause suffering, so bed bugs can worsen the already scary experience of seeking medical help.
- Official problems: Healthcare facilities are heavily regulated, so the presence of pests in an office or hospital can lead to fines or closure from regulatory agencies and health officials.
How You Can Reduce Your Risk Of Infestation
Healthcare professionals and the facilities they work in need to be prepared for the constant preventative actions that are needed to keep pests out. Implementing protocols and procedures to divvy these kinds of tasks among the workforce is an important step for avoiding the harmful effects of a bed bug population. While there are costly machines and products you can find all over that claim to be the ultimate pest prevention systems, the best methods are the ones that require diligence.
To avoid the problems that bed bugs can bring, take these necessary precautions to keep them out in the first place:
- Washing & cleaning: Not only do you need to maintain clean bedding and sheets for patients, but you also need to regularly wash all other items that might easily be infested.
- Awareness training: Medical professionals have plenty of other things to worry about, but knowing how to spot bed bugs or their signs is something that everyone working in a healthcare facility needs to be trained on. When every pair of eyes is on the lookout, problems can be caught early.
- Regular inspection: Not only does it pay to have all employees regularly checking for signs of bed bugs, but professional inspections can provide peace of mind that a facility has been checked thoroughly by someone trained in the field.
If prevention becomes difficult reach out to a professional for bed bug control services.
Protect Your Patients With Professional Partners
Since the side effects of a bed bug infestation can be so severe for patients and the companies that help them, it’s best to partner with local experts to be completely sure that pests aren’t a problem. The technicians at Action Pest Control have decades of experience helping healthcare facilities and commercial businesses check for and eliminate pest populations. Having regular bed bug inspections by our trained professionals is not only helpful, it’s the smart way to go.
Don’t worsen the healthcare experience for your employees or patients. At the first sign of bed bugs, reach out to Action Pest Control to get started and to learn more about our commercial pest control services.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”