German Cockroach Tips For Lexington Homes And Businesses
There are few pests that can plague a home or business like cockroaches. Not only are they unsightly and disgusting bugs, but they are also known spreaders of disease and harmful bacteria. This is a pest that has been called the "sanitation worker" of the animal kingdom. In nature, they can be found crawling around on dead animals and dung heaps. In cities, it is trash heaps, dumpsters, composts, trash cans, and sewers that they crawl on, and through. These bugs are drawn to filth and decay. That is why it is important to keep them out of your home or business.
Prevention Tips For Lexington Residents And Business Owners
- Sealing exterior walls. Cockroaches get in through gaps and cracks, especially around pipes and other items that pass through exterior walls. Use a caulking gun to seal any holes you find.
- Check screens, door sweeps, and weather stripping. Cockroaches are incredibly versatile creatures that can climb walls and walk across ceilings. Some are even capable of short flights. For this reason, you should make sure that all of your screens, door sweeps, and weather stripping are in perfect working order. You should also be aware that German cockroaches can be quite small and can fit through the tiniest of holes.
- Put dirty dishes in water. If you have a sink, and dishes tend to get stacked near it, consider putting those dishes in soapy water. The water doesn't have to be hot, just soapy.
- Make sure all interior and exterior trash cans are sealed.
- Make sure floors and counters are kept clean. These insects don't need much to make a meal, and crumbs attract roaches to enter your property and stay.
- Deep clean. Cockroaches are inclined to crawl into tight spaces. Not only do they have an exoskeleton that flattens to help them get into those spaces, they are thigmotactic, which is to say that they like it when things touch their body. So, tight spaces provide physical contact for their belly and their back at the same time. This puts roaches in between your oven and the wall or your fridge and the floor. These places should be cleaned periodically.
- German cockroaches need a drink. Fixing any weeping pipes or leaking faucets (inside and outside) will go a long way to resisting these pests.
If you implement the exclusion methods list above, you can make your home or business less attractive and more resistant to cockroaches. But, when you need to know for sure that no roaches exist inside your property, it is time to call Action Pest Control. Our QualityPro team of on-staff, board-certified entomologists and over 70 state-certified home pest management professionals, know how to control German cockroaches and any other pest plaguing your home or business.
When German cockroaches get in, take action and get Action.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”