Fleas Driving You Crazy?
There is a reason for the saying, “annoying like a flea”. They are a pain and difficult to shake. Just ask your dog. He knows all about trying to shake fleas from his body. So, what do you do about fleas? Whether you have pets or not, fleas can and will become a nuisance if left to their own devices. If fleas are driving you crazy, it is time to shake them for good.
Why Do I Have Fleas?
Do you go outside? Do you let people into your home? Bingo! That is why you have fleas. Pet owners are not the only ones who get fleas in their home. If your Louisville area home has fleas, here are a few ways fleas are getting into your home:
- If you have grassy areas or woods outside your home, fleas are coming in from there.
- Furry pets such as dogs and cats bring in fleas on their coats.
- The home next door with a flea problem is creating a flea problem for your home.
- Mice and other rodents in your home are bringing fleas in with them.
- Fleas are getting a ride inside on socks, shoes, and pants.
- Squirrels, woodchucks, skunks, and other visitors in your yard are bringing fleas to your lawn.
Ways to Prevent Fleas
Squishing and stomping simply won’t do when you have a flea problem. You need to take proactive measures to prevent fleas. To prevent fleas in your home, try these 5 tips to keep them out.
- Make sure your pets are up to date on their flea and tick applications. Before your pets come inside, brush them well with a fine-toothed comb.
- Wash your pet’s bedding often in hot water.
- Vacuum your carpets, rugs, bedding, and furniture often. Make sure you use a powerful vacuum cleaner to target the adults and the larvae. When you dump the container, do so in the garbage outside, not in your home.
- Keep up on your household chores by mowing the lawn, trimming bushes back, taking the garbage out, and sealing openings around your home.
- Call the professionals to treat your home for fleas and ticks.
Action Pest Control has residential pest control services that treat your home for fleas and other seasonal pests. Our programs range from the Essential package to the Premier package that tackles everything from exterior and interior nuisances to termite control. Action Pest Control stands ready to protect your home from a number of pests. We are just a call away.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”