Cockroaches In Elizabethtown: Don't Leave Your Home At Risk!
If you had to make a list of the most common types of home-invading pests here in Elizabethtown, which pests would you include? Cockroaches would be one, right? Especially if you thought that your home might be at risk for a cockroach invasion this year. While no one actively tries to encourage cockroaches to come into their home, we often make mistakes we aren’t even aware of that end up attracting these filthy pests right into our properties.
Types Of Roaches In Elizabethtown
Where you live in the United States plays a role in what species of pests you find on your property throughout the year. This fact doesn’t change when it comes to Kentucky, where we find three types of cockroaches invading homes quite commonly. These three species include German cockroaches, American cockroaches, and Oriental cockroaches.
- German cockroaches are smaller than both of the other cockroach species that infest Elizabethtown homes at about 1.6 cm in length or smaller. These roaches are often dark brown or black in color.
- American cockroaches, on the other hand, are the largest species of cockroach, coming in at about 4 cm (or 1.6 in). American roaches are usually brown or reddish/copper brown.
- Oriental cockroaches are mid-sized when it comes to roaches, and are usually anywhere between 1.8 cm and 2.9 cm. This species of roach is usually black or brown in color with a distinctive glossy body.
Cockroach Prevention Tips And Mistakes To Avoid
The best way to keep roaches off your property is to contact a licensed pest control provider, such as Action Pest Control. However, there are a few mistakes you can avoid doing to reduce the chances that you’ll attract these disgusting insects into your home.
- Stay away from using paper boxes or bags to carry and store your groceries in, as these items are easy for cockroaches to chew through and hide in.
- Keep your floors and counters free of crumbs and spills.
- Always seal your garbage bins properly. Open trash cans provide perfect meals for cockroaches to feed on.
- Ensure your property is moisture-free. Leaking pipes, faucets, and drains can attract cockroaches to your home.
- Store leftover food in sturdy airtight containers.
Keep American, Oriental, and German roaches away from your Elizabethtown property with one of the comprehensive residential pest control programs that we offer here at Action Pest Control. Our highly trained pest technicians have what you need for a pest-free home. Don’t wait for cockroaches to invade this year when you can prevent them from invading in the first place. Contact us today for more information on our cockroach treatments and services!
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”