Christmas Bed Bugs In Indianapolis
There are a lot of things that go well with Christmas: evergreen trees, hot apple cider, fresh homemade donuts, twinkling lights, boxes wrapped in colorful paper, holly, stockings hung by the chimney with care, and more. For some people, it isn't Christmas until Bing Crosby says so. His warm voice singing, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas," can make almost anyone feel like it may actually be true. Some of these things have been a part of Christmas for over a century. Some are new. There was a time when no one sang Mariah Carey's, "All I want for Christmas is you." But, it has found its way into our hearts and into our homes. But there is something else that is starting to find its way into more and more homes on Christmas, and it doesn't go well with Christmas at all.
Why do bed bugs come in during Christmas?
You may think it is the cold we're having here in Indianapolis, but the truth is these bugs aren't affected by the cold. Bed bugs in Indianapolis live almost exclusively with humans. And, since most of us don't like the cold, bed bugs are pretty cozy, most of the time. The reason for an increase in infestations is all of the holiday traveling we do. These are hitchhiking bugs. And an infestation usually starts by picking one of these bugs up and bringing it home.
5 Bed Bug Christmas Tips
- Check before you go. If you know where you're going to be staying, check bedbugregistry.com and see whether or not bed bugs have been reported there. But, be aware that bed bug reports can happen to even a business with a bed bug pest control plan, and a single report may have been an isolated problem that has been solved.
- Always do an inspection. No matter where you stay, no matter how clean or how nice, you should always do a quick check for bed bugs. Use a flashlight to check for black streaks or black marks in the seams of all the mattresses, in the stitching of upholstered furniture, on pillowcases and sheets, on baseboards and outlet covers. And, look in these places for blood staining or shed insects casings.
- When you do a room inspection, leave your bags in your vehicle or on the floor in the bathroom, where they will be safer.
- Be aware that you can pick bed bugs up on public transportation. If you'll be taking a taxicab, train, or bus, be on the lookout for these tiny transparent or rust-colored insects and the black feces, blood stains, and shed skins they leave.
- Be aware that bed bugs can be at your destination. Doing an inspection for bed bugs shouldn't just be something you do at a hotel or motel. Check the home of your friend or family member. Not only will you be protecting yourself, but you may be able to help them get rid of these bugs.
If bed bugs still find a way back home with you this Christmas, let Action Pest Control help you get rid of those bugs fast. Reach out to us for immediate relief.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”