Are You Struggling With Head Lice In Indianapolis?
Got an itchy scalp? It could be head lice, but what should you do if you’re struggling with these critters? Here’s what Indianapolis residents should know about head lice, how to identify and prevent them, as well as what to do if you suspect you already have lice, and how Action Pest Control in Indianapolis can help.
What Do Head Lice Look Like?
The first step to discovering a head lice problem is identifying that you’ve even got lice at all. Although head lice may be small, they’re still relatively easy to spot, especially if you find them while combing through your hair or someone else’s.
These tiny, six-legged insects usually only grow to be about the size of a sesame seed and tend to have light-colored bodies. Head lice also lay eggs, also called nits, which have white coloring and are even smaller than adult lice.
Six Tips For Head Lice Control
When it comes to controlling head lice, here are some quick tips to reduce the risk of contracting these itchy pests:
- Avoid sharing personal objects with other people, especially hats, scarves, hair ribbons, coats, and hairbrushes.
- During play, activities, or other events, you should avoid any activities that include head-to-head or hair-to-hair contact.
- Don’t lie on any beds, couches, or other furniture that you know have recently been in contact with a lice-infested person.
- Regularly vacuum your floor and furniture, especially if you suspect someone with lice has recently sat or laid in the area.
- Make sure you machine wash bed linens, clothing, and other personal items with the hot wash cycle often, especially if you are in an area where lice are going around.
- Avoid using any over-the-counter fumigation fogs or sprays, which usually aren’t effective for head lice but may be toxic to pets or people.
What To Do If You Suspect You Have Head Lice
Whether you’ve found lice in your own hair or have recently been in contact with someone that has lice, what’s the next step? Once you know you have lice or someone in your home does, you may need to use an over-the-counter or prescription medication on your hair and apply the treatment as directed. In the days following the treatment, you’ll also want to be on the lookout for other signs of lice or even head-scratching, which could indicate these pests weren’t completely eliminated.
Can Action Pest Control Help With Head Lice?
While it may not seem like it, a professional home pest control service like Action Pest Control could help your head lice problem. Rather than use potentially toxic OTC fumigation sprays, our professional treatments and resources can help you control a head lice infestation that’s spiraled out of control.
If you suspect you’ve got head lice or that your home may have a bigger lice problem that needs attention, we may be able to help. Contact us today at Action Pest Control for more information on how our lice control services in Indianapolis could work for you and your family.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”