Action Pest Control Hosts First Annual Food Drive!
Many of the area food banks are running very low on food and supplies for the upcoming holiday season. As a local business that takes pride in the communities we serve, Action Pest Control is committed to contributing as much as we can as often as we can.
Our goal is to collect 10,000 non-perishable food items and $1,000 for the following food banks in each of our location areas:
- Tristate Food Bank: Evansville, IN
- Community Food Pantry: Jasper, IN
- Feed My Sheep Pantry: Washington, IN
- Daniel Pitino Shelter: Owensboro, KY
- Gleaners Food Bank: Indianapolis, IN
In addition, Action Pest Control will donate $1 for every new Facebook fan that likes our page from now until December 31st.* Click here to become a fan!
A few things we’d like to share when considering a contribution:
- For every $1 the food banks receive, they can purchase $10 worth of food and supplies.
- There are 304,000 food-insecure (meaning lack of access at times to enough food for an active, healthy life) households in Indiana alone.
- 896,792 Indiana residents (or 14.4% of the population) are living in poverty.
- Kentucky’s food-insecure rate is the 4th highest ranking state in the country.
- This year, the Tristate Food Bank has dispersed 7,800,859 pounds of food in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois.
- There are 120,356 people in our Tristate area in poverty according to the US census.
- 14M American children go hungry each year.
- 4.8M American households rely on feeding organizations each year.
All of our technicians and inspectors will be asking for your help in feeding local families this holiday season from now until December 16th. And, of course, items may be dropped off at any of our locations:
- Action Pest Control | Evansville, IN
- Action Pest Control | Indianapolis, IN
- Action Pest Control | Jasper, IN
- Action Pest Control | Owensboro, KY
- Action Pest Control | Washington, IN
If you have any questions about our food drive or would like us to pick up a donation, please feel free to contact Sara McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812.253.6112.
Not sure what items to give? We've made a list of popular items for you here. And, be sure to follow our progress on Facebook and Twitter!
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”