What To Do About A Suspected Ant Infestation In Indianapolis
April 7, 2023
Finding an ant or two in your kitchen isn’t too alarming; they are a common pest that we are used to seeing. An infestation of ants is another story. If you see trails of ants making their way into your home or see an abundance of them inside, it is time to think about ant pest control.
Some types of ants in your home are mostly a nuisance. Others, like carpenter ants in your house, can cause real problems. Working with a local Indianapolis pest control company like Action Pest Control can help you to prevent and eliminate ant populations in your home.
This blog will explain how to tell if you have an ant infestation and the problems they can cause. We’ll also share some helpful ant prevention tips and, most importantly, how to eliminate ants from your property with help from Action Pest Control.
How To Tell If You Have An Ant Problem In Your Home
Ant pest control companies can easily spot the signs of ants in your home. The following list explains the most common ants that invade homes in our area and the signs you can look out for:
- Signs of odorous house ants include seeing the ants themselves, and you may find a nest near a water source.
- Pavement ants are the ants you see nesting in pavement cracks; they are usually easy to spot following a trail into your home.
- Carpenter ants may be less likely to be seen; they build their nests in the wood of your house. Signs of these ants include seeing swarmers with wings and small holes in the surface of the wood with piles of sawdust nearby.
At Action Pest Control, we offer ant control solutions for any type of ant infesting your home.
Why Ants In The House Can Be So Problematic
We consider some ants more of an annoyance than a problem, but they can all cause trouble in our homes. While pavement and odorous house ants are mainly a nuisance, they both have the potential to contaminate food and surfaces. Odorous ants also emit a terrible smell when they are crushed.
Carpenter ants in your house are another story. These ants are initially attracted to wood that is soft and water damaged. They create their nests in these areas by tunneling through the wood. Over time, they can cause expensive structural damage to your home.
Working with a company that provides ant control near you, like Action Pest Control, can eliminate the problems ants cause in your home.
Practical Ant Prevention Tips For Your Home
Stopping ants before they enter your home can save you a lot of time, trouble, and money. Here are some helpful ant prevention tips to get you started:
- Fix any moisture issues in and around your home. Using a dehumidifier in basements and crawl spaces can help.
- Seal cracks and gaps around doors, windows, and utility pipes, and repair any damaged weather stripping.
- Properly store food and garbage in sealed containers.
- Repair and replace any water-damaged wood to prevent attracting carpenter ants to your house.
- Trim back trees and bushes away from the house.
Prevention can be the most effective ant control, but if you find yourself with an ant infestation, contact the pros at Action Pest Control as soon as possible.
Contact Us To Completely Eliminate An Ant Infestation
An ant infestation can be challenging to eradicate. These pests form huge colonies that often require professionals to eliminate them.
The pros at Action Pest Control offer the most effective ant pest control available. Contact us today to schedule your free inspection.
< Previous Next >