Thinking Green On Earth Day
Here are a few ideas for work and home to help reduce your carbon footprint on Earth Day and everyday!
- Reduce! Print on both sides of paper when you can, and avoid printing altogether when you don't have to.
- Reuse! Printed documents that are printed only on one side and are no longer needed can be sued for scrathc paper - perhaps in place of a writing tablet.
- Recycle! Cans, plastic bottles, paperboard, etc. can be collected and taken to a recycling center.
- Bring your lunch in reusable lunch containers and carry in a reusable lunch bag.
- Stop buing bottled water...filter it at home and bring it in a reusable bottle!
- Have a "swap meet," bring clothes and toys that kids have outgrown or items around the house that you don't use and swap them for something someone else brings in. Take whatever is left to a local charity.
- Organize a carpool, take a bus, bike, or walk to work.
- Replace your light bulbs with CFL (complact fluorescent light) bulbs.
- Plant a tree!
- Clean up litter...if you see it, pick it up!
- Check your computer setting for "energy-saving mode" and turn off lights throughout your home or office when you can.
Earth Day provides us with a perfect opportunity to raise awareness and to change our lifestyle so that we can live in harmony with nature. Take some time to determine how you can Think Green!
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”