The Pros Of Pest Control Services In Owensboro
Pests typically enter homes in search of food, water, and shelter. Once inside, they find hiding places, making them difficult to discover. In the meantime, they can infect food and surfaces, causing illnesses in the household.
Several pests live in Kentucky, and pest control in Owensboro can help. Read on to learn more about what pests live in the area, the issues they can cause in your home, and how to prevent an infestation.
The Many Pests That Could Invade Your Owensboro Home
Many pests live in Kentucky year-round and can invade your home. The weather during the warmer months is ideal for some of these pests, and the cold winters cause them to search for somewhere warm.
Some of the common home invaders you might find in the Owensboro area include the following:
- Flying insects: The humid weather and rainfall in the area are perfect for mosquitoes, bees, wasps, flies, and moths.
- Non-flying insects: The most common non-flying insects in the area include American cockroaches, carpet beetles, termites, fleas, and ants.
- Spiders: The black widow and brown recluse are the most dangerous types of spiders, but the wolf and brown house spiders are more common in homes.
- Bed bugs: These tiny bugs hide in mattresses and furniture, causing bites, sleep loss, and anxiety.
- Rodents: The most common kinds of rodents in Kentucky homes are rats, mice, moles, squirrels, and raccoons.
When these Owensboro pests enter your home, they’ll try to avoid detection. As a result, the infestation might become severe before you recognize the problem. In this case, help from a local pest control company will be necessary.
All The Issues Pest Infestations Can Cause In Your Home
The two primary issues that pests can cause are damage and illnesses. Some pests feed off wood or fabric. Those that eat wood can cause structural problems for your home, and fabric-consuming pests destroy personal belongings.
Other pests carry diseases and transfer them to those living in the home. They transport pathogens on their bodies, infecting food or other surfaces people come into contact with.
Six Natural And Effective Pest Prevention Tips For Your Home
Pests often enter homes through cracks or gaps. Others follow, causing a small problem to become an infestation. The best way to avoid this issue is to stop pests from entering your home.
Some pests prevention tips include the following:
- Seal food in airtight containers. Pests enter homes looking for food but will look elsewhere if they don’t find any.
- Regularly remove the trash. Garbage often contains the items pests are looking for, so removing it will keep them away.
- Fix leaks and spills. Avoid letting water gather anywhere in your home.
- Clean up. Many pests hide in clutter around the house, making them difficult to find.
- Close openings where pests can enter. Check for cracks or gaps in your siding or foundation and around doors and windows.
- Keep an eye out for pests in bags and boxes. Many pests enter homes by climbing into bags or boxes you bring into your house.
These tips will help keep unwanted pests out of your home, but some might still find a way inside. If you notice signs of a pest infestation, call a professional Owensboro home pest control company to help.
The Benefits Of Ongoing Pest Control For Your Home
Whether you’ve recently eliminated an infestation or never noticed a problem, pests will continue looking to get into Kentucky homes. Our professionals at Action Pest Control will inspect your house to find hiding pests and apply the proper treatment to get rid of them. We also offer follow-up services to ensure that they don’t return. Call us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Owensboro.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”