Lexington's Guide To Fly Control
No one wants to see flies buzzing in their kitchen, but running into fly traps constantly isn't much better. Flies can be helpful outdoors, pollinating plants, attacking parasitic insects, and breaking down organic matter. However, flies indoors can cause a lot of issues. If these unwanted pests have invaded your home, it is time to learn about the habits and behaviors of common flies, understand how dangerous it is to have flies in your home, and find out how to remove the factors that attract them indoors. If you are struggling with an infestation, Action Pest Control provides pest control in Lexington that is dependable and effective.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Flies
Most flies exhibit many habits and behaviors, including the following:
- Flies reproduce quickly: It only takes one pregnant female to cause an infestation.
- Flies prefer fermented and rotting foods: You are more likely to have house flies if you leave drinks out like beer, wine, and fruit juices and do not dispose of food leftovers quickly.
- Flies do not mind unsanitary conditions: Flies often land on feces and more, picking up pathogens in the process.
If you see signs of a fly infestation in your home, it is time to learn why they are dangerous pests.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Flies In My Home?
Flies are nuisance pests that transmit dangerous diseases like typhoid fever, dysentery, cholera, poliomyelitis, leprosy, and tuberculosis. These diseases are spread when people come in contact with food that flies have contaminated. Flies carry many pathogens because they routinely land on decomposing plant matter, excrement, spoiled meat, and more. Then, they inevitably spread them throughout our homes as they rest, eat, and lay their eggs. To lower your risk of an infestation, read on to discover how you can safely remove the factors that attract them and prevent flies in your house.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Flies Into Your Home
Removing the following factors can keep flies away effectively:
- Keep trash cans closed and clean: Because flies are attracted to decomposing and rotting foods, they will often go straight for garbage cans that are left open. Keeping them closed and wiped clean regularly can help keep flies away.
- Keep windows and doors closed: Preventing flies from entering can go a long way in keeping them outside where they belong. If you must open windows, it can be helpful to fit them with fine-mesh screens.
- Dispose of pet feces properly: Pet feces are a significant reason why flies might invade. Make sure to pick them up promptly and throw them away after putting them in a tightly closed plastic bag.
- Keep drains clean: Flies are attracted to stagnant water. Make sure all drains, especially in the kitchen, are functioning well, and clean them regularly.
If keeping your property clean, putting food away promptly, and using other natural ways to get rid of flies are not enough, it is time to reach out to the pros.
The Best Way To Keep The Flies Out Of Your Home
The best way to get rid of flies is to consult a professional pest control company. At Action Pest Control, we provide fly control services in Lexington you can trust. Contact us to schedule an inspection and see if our advanced pest control plan is right for you. During our home visit, we will determine what types of flies have taken over and devise a treatment plan that will fit your needs. Don't let these invasive pests spread pathogens throughout your home and disrupt the peace with their constant buzzing and let us get rid of them for you.
Flies are potentially dangerous insects that can contaminate your food supply and make you and your family ill. Fortunately, it is possible to get rid of them safely and effectively with our team of licensed technicians and our effective pest management programs. Reach out today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Lexington.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”