Keeping Crickets At Bay: Effective Prevention Techniques For Your Indianapolis Home
Pests like crickets thrive in flat prairie lands like the American Midwest. They like the grassy soil and rocky outcroppings they can nest near, including those found in our yards. Not only do crickets cause a nuisance with their constant chirping at night, they can even lead to property damage.
This is why proper cricket control in Indianapolis is so crucial, and why you should partner with Action Pest Control to keep your home pest-free. Learn how we can help get you started on overall protection today.
Physical Characteristics Of Crickets: What To Look For
While they aren’t rare around these parts, crickets in Indianapolis are also a type of pest that people don’t tend to get a good look at before they hop out of sight. The first thing we need to do when it comes to pest control is identification, so here’s how you can tell whether it’s crickets you’re spotting around your property or not:
- Sounds: You’re more likely to hear a cricket than you are to see one, and the chirping cricket sound they make is caused by them rubbing the comb-like bristles on their legs together.
- Legs: Crickets have larger, powerful legs they use to leap great distances, even though they also have wings and can even fly.
- Antennae: A cricket’s antennae stick far out of their heads and are used for sensory awareness and detecting the presence of food.
Don’t make the mistake of trying to address a pest problem on your own. To properly identify crickets in Indianapolis, contact the experts at Action Pest Control to get started on an inspection.
Cricket Problems: More Than Just A Nuisance Noise
Those who have never had crickets in their yard or interior might be wondering just how problematic an infestation could be. Crickets are more than just a nuisance. When crickets get into your house, they can lead to property damage by chewing through animal and plant fibers like leather and paper, which are found in furniture, clothing, or other items found inside most homes. They can also damage your decorative plants and lead to stains caused by their droppings.
Even if they don’t make it inside, crickets can be a huge hassle. The noise they make can start to grate on you after a while, especially if the crickets are gathering right outside your window while you’re trying to sleep.
Cricket Prevention: Naturally Effective Tips
It’s better to take cricket prevention steps throughout the year rather than just when a population is suddenly active around your property. Here are some common cricket prevention steps you can implement around your Indianapolis home:
- Moisture control: Crickets, like most pests, are drawn to moisture. Keeping your yard’s drainage effective, as well as ventilating areas like garages and basements, are important pest control steps.
- Access points: While looking for sources of moisture, you should also be checking for access points, like cracks or holes and tears in window screens, which crickets can use to gain entry to your home.
- Light sources: Crickets are drawn to sources of light, which is why they tend to flutter or gather near porch lights and other light sources in our yards. Consider getting low-wattage bulbs or other products designed to illuminate without drawing bugs.
For even more tips on how to prevent crickets, contact Action Pest Control to speak to a trained expert.
Professional Pest Control: A Great Way To Get Rid Of Crickets
If crickets have already gathered and bred near your home, you need to eliminate the problem quickly and completely so you can avoid the larger consequences of these pests. To get rid of crickets right away, turn to Action Pest Control. We have experience in inspecting and treating cricket infestations, using methods that ward off bugs and provide long-term protection for your home.
For local home pest control in Indianapolis, look no further than Action Pest Control. Contact us today to get started.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”