Keeping Cockroaches Out Of Louisville Homes And Businesses
September 19, 2018
Homeowners and business managers should never ignore even the smallest cockroach infestation. Prevention is always the best way to prevent problematic roaches so you can avoid the negative impact they can have on your home or business.
You may not know you have a roach problem because they usually come out only at night. Cockroaches are dirty and they excrete germs and bacteria, as well as give off a foul odor. They are drawn to garbage, feces, sewers, and decaying matter and will freely walk through all of the filth, picking up germs and bacteria on their bodies and legs. Then, when they walk through kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas of a home or business, they will transfer these dangerous germs and bacteria to surfaces, where humans can pick them up and become sick. They can cause salmonella, food poisoning, and other serious illnesses. In addition, their dried feces and dead bodies can cause allergic reactions in some people.
Homes, businesses, and commercial properties can follow these practices for prevention:
- Seal off all entry points around windows and doors, as well as cracks and crevices in exterior walls and foundations. Make sure all holes around utility cables, wires, and pipes are closed off completely.
- Keep all food in sturdy bins with tight-fitting lids and inspect foods for contamination thoroughly, before using.
- Maintain sanitized conditions in bathrooms, kitchens, pantries, and all food surfaces.
- Clean up food and drink spills right away and do not leave crumbs around.
- Never leave standing water in sinks and repair dripping faucets and leaky pipes immediately.
- Get rid of piles that are near your home or business consisting of wood, leaves, debris, or compost.
- Trim back trees and bushes away from your home or business.
- Take out the trash on a regular basis and make sure outdoor trash is covered tightly.
Most importantly, nothing beats professional prevention services through Action Pest Control in the Louisville area. Give us a call to learn more about our residential pest control options.
< Previous Next >