How To Tell If Bed Bugs Have Invaded Your Lexington Home
February 8, 2019
When it comes to pests, bed bugs are amongst the hardest to identify. Maybe they would be a bit easier to spot if they were a bit larger. However, rat-sized bed bugs trying to hide in our beds sounds terrifying. Maybe it is best that they remain the size they are. But that puts us back at square one - bed bugs are still tiny, and easily elude homeowners all over Lexington.
No Two Bites Are The Same
When it comes to bed bug bites, everyone's body reacts a different way. Some people experience a burning, painful sensation, while others experience irritation and itchiness. As for appearance, some bites look like small red bumps surrounded by hives or blisters, while others may show no signs of being bitten at all. For those of us who have no reaction to bed bugs, knowing we have an infestation can be quite difficult. This is where knowing where to look for them comes into play.
Knowing Where Bed Bugs Hide
When bed bugs are not on the move looking for a new place to invest, they can most commonly be found hiding in the folds of beds and sleeping areas. Beyond directly spotting bed bugs crawling about, some of the other identifying factors include:
- Looking for their fecal matter, which appears as black streak marks and spots, usually on mattress covers, sheets, baseboards, and over the floor.
- Check for tiny blood stains on your sheets or bed covers. This is because bed bugs have a habit of dribbling after a meal.
- Inspect sheets, pillows, and pillow cases for sheddings of their skin. This is a result of bed bugs molting between stages of growth.
Why You Should Choose Action Pest Control
If your home has bed bugs, or you are not sure but want help inspecting for them, here are some reasons why Action may be right for you:
- We have bed bug dogs. That's right! And they are not just for moral support. Our canines are highly trained to spot bed bugs with a higher accuracy rate than any other method.
- Action offers the cutting edge in bed bug heat treatments, which are not only eco-friendly but also work fast to kill bed bugs in all stages of their development.
- We offer a bed bug warranty to qualifying customers. Meaning if a bed bug infestation reappears after we have treated your home, we will come back and handle the problem at no extra cost to you.
So if your desire is to have a bed bug free Lexington home, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals here at Action. Your home and your health will thank you!
< Previous Next >