How To Keep Your Home Bed Bug Free In Louisville
Bed bugs invading your Louisville home can be a recipe for disaster, which is why it is important to understand what causes bed bugs in the first place. Read on to learn how to keep your home bed bug-free.
Why Bed Bug Infestations Are So Easy To Spread In Louisville
In Louisville, you may be wondering what causes bed bugs and why these infestations are so easily spread. Simply put, bed bug infestations spread easily because of the small size of these pests and their skills at hitchhiking from area to area. Bed bugs are no larger than apple seeds and generally dark brown, something that allows them to hide fairly easily in an unsuspecting individual’s clothes or luggage.
As people travel from place to place, especially through areas with a high bed bug risk such as hotels, train stations, airports, schools, and libraries, they pick up or drop off bed bugs, easily spreading these pests.
When you travel outside of your home, you can take these steps to ensure that bed bugs don’t come back with you.
- Keep all luggage elevated or placed on luggage racks when staying in hotels or other accommodations to prevent bed bugs from crawling inside.
- When you return home from traveling, immediately wash all your clothing in hot water to kill any undetected travelers.
- Check the furniture, beds, walls, and floors in any space you travel to for signs of bed bugs or staining. Don’t stay in an area where these things are present.
What Kills Bed Bugs In Louisville?
The only surefire way to kill bed bugs in Louisville is to utilize the help of pest control to kill bed bugs. That said, there are some signs you can look for to tell if you have a bed bug infestation. If you notice these signs, you can start looking into how to get rid of bed bugs with the help of Action Pest Control.
- Bed bugs will leave behind reddish or rust-colored stains on the areas they frequent most. You will likely see these around sleeping quarters, especially on beds and sheets or on furniture, walls, and carpets.
- A bed bug infestation often brings with it a musty odor. If you notice a sweet, stale, and generally unpleasant smell along with other signs of bed bugs, you likely have an infestation.
- Bed bug bodies, clumps of eggs, or translucent nymphs may be sighted around your home, not just in sleeping quarters. Check along the seams of furniture, the corners of beds, and in the cracks of walls for these.
It is important to note that over-the-counter products and DIY bed bug control are rarely as effective as you need them to be because bed bugs infiltrate deeply into your home. If you want to know how to get rid of bed bugs, you need to look for bed bug pest control in Louisville.
What To Do When The Bed Bugs Get Bad In Your Louisville Home
When the bed bugs in your Louisville home get bad, your first step should be to invest in pest control to kill bed bugs. The experts at Action Pest Control are the best local pest control for bed bugs and can help you with effective bed bug control no matter where these pests have settled in your house.
For bed bug pest control in Louisville, contact Action Pest Control today.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”