How To Keep Blow Flies Out Of Louisville Homes
Louisville offers all the exciting experiences of a major city; it has an energy that is alive with excellent shopping, dining, lounges, and museums. Even with its city atmosphere, Louisville still manages to keep a small-town vibe. The area is an attraction for new residents, young and old alike. One resident Louisville does not want to roll out the red carpet for is blowflies.
What Everyone Ought To Know About Louisville Blow Flies
- Description: Blowflies belong to the insect order Diptera. Adults are non-biting, hearty flies that grow to be about a quarter-inch long with a shiny, metallic body that can be either green with a bronze tint (active in the warmer months) or blue to black or purple (active in the cooler months). They have a loud, distinctive buzz.
- Habitats: Blow flies can be found all over the world. They live in temperate to tropical areas but thrive in warm, humid weather. They use layers of loose, damp soil, trash, and other decaying materials to develop and nourish their larvae.
- Behaviors: Adult blow flies feed on all kinds of things; they are scavengers. They feast on things like decaying materials, garbage, and rotting vegetation. Adults typically lay eggs on decaying animals and feces which allow their growing larvae to thrive.
Problems And Dangers Caused By Louisville Blow Flies
Because blowflies feed on decomposing animals and their fecal matter, they often come in contact with human and animal pathogens.
Some pathogens carried by the blow fly include:
- E. coli
It has also been reported that people can contract a disease called myiasis from blow flies. Myiasis is an infection where larvae grow inside your body and feed on your tissue.
Because blow flies lay eggs in wounds and dead tissue, your pets can also end up with blood poisoning due to blow flies laying eggs in open wounds.
Where Do Infestations Start And How To Prevent It In Your Louisville Home
Because of the places where blow flies hatch, they typically begin life outside and then make their way into our homes. If conditions are ripe, they will usually access the inside of our homes through structural weak spots.
Six areas that invite blow flies in and around your property are as follows:
- Weak spots in damaged weather stripping
- Torn screen covers on windows and doors
- Decomposing garbage
- Compost piles
- Rotting organic material
The best method for preventing blowflies in your home is through vigilant sanitation. There are multiple steps that property owners can take to make their home uninviting to these pesky insects.
Six easy sanitation steps include:
- Remove trash daily.
- Remove vegetative refuse.
- Keep counter surfaces clean.
- Make sure windows and doors are properly screened.
- Remove decaying matter as soon as possible and properly dispose of it.
- Remove animal waste quickly and keep animal wounds cleaned.
How To Get Blow Flies Out Of Your Louisville Home
Once blow flies get into your home, they are difficult to control. They like to hibernate in wall voids and other hard-to-reach places. If you suspect an infestation, Action Pest Control has the professional experience to locate where blow fly eggs may have been deposited. At Action Pest Control, our mission is to provide homeowners with timely service and effective pest removal services that you can trust. We can offer expert advice on how to eliminate breeding areas and develop a plan to prevent further infestations. Call us today for a free estimate.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”