Cockroaches Are All The Same, Right?
May 16, 2018
Let’s be honest, if you have seen a cockroach inside your home, you could care less about what type of cockroach it is, right? The only thing on your mind is to get rid of them, and you just want them gone as soon as possible.
Well, there are some differences that you will want to know about:
- American roaches can usually be found in basements, attics, and sewer systems. They are rather large, ranging in size between one and two inches. When it comes to food sources, they will travel long distances. They reproduce rapidly, can live over a year and prefer foods that are fermented. Due to their attraction to sewers and fermented foods, they are extremely dangerous to one's health.
- German roaches can usually be found in kitchens and bathrooms. They are smaller and grow to less than an inch in length. They reproduce even more rapidly and are known to adapt and survive under extreme conditions. They can cause allergies and transmit a variety of diseases.
- Oriental roaches travel indoors in large numbers in cool weather and drought, however, they prefer places underneath debris, leaf piles, and mulch. They are black and medium in size ranging from 1 to 1 1/4 inches long. Oriental cockroaches give off a foul odor that can be very noticeable. They eat just about anything, especially if it is starch-based.
You will want to prevent cockroaches at all costs. They are unsightly filthy creatures that can spread dangerous diseases. Start by sealing all entry points and eliminating food and moisture sources. Trim back vegetation away from your siding and roof. Get rid of garbage regularly and remove piles of wood, leaves, junk, and debris from your yard. Be sure weather stripping around doors is not worn down.
If you live in the Lexington area, give us a call at Action Pest control for convenient and effective cockroach control. We offer three comprehensive home pest control services.
- Premier Pest Control: Out most popular plan covers 40+ common pests including cockroaches. This plan does it all and includes cobweb removal, exterior pest defense, interior pest treatment, window sill vacuuming, exterior rodent stations, rodent control, pest proofing, unlimited service calls, annual attic inspection, and fully guaranteed services. It also offers termite monitoring, inspection, treatment, and warranty.
- Complete Pest Control: Our middle of the line plan covers commons pests and roaches. This plan includes cobweb removal, exterior pest defense, interior pest treatment, window sill vacuuming, exterior rodent station, rodent control, pest proofing, annual attic inspection, unlimited service calls, and fully guaranteed services. It also covers basic termite monitoring and inspection.
- Advanced Pest Control: Our most basic service covers common pests including cockroaches. This plan covers only the basics including cobweb removal, exterior pest defense, interior pest treatment, window sill vacuuming, exterior rodent station, rodent control, pest proofing, unlimited service calls, and fully guaranteed services.
Whatever plan you choose to fit your situation and your budget you will be happy with the results in your quest to become pest-free. Give us a call today for more information about Action Pest Control.
< Previous Next >