Avoid Cockroaches This Christmas
It was a Christmas dinner that nobody will soon forget! The smells of delicious food wafting through the air, the table set, and everyone at their place around the table. Just as you are getting ready to bless the food that is already laid out, little Tommy yells “What kind of bug is that?” Everyone turns in horror as dad proclaims, “I think it’s a cockroach.” Once all of the chaos quiets down it is confirmed that that quick and creepy bug, now long disappeared, is indeed a cockroach. Christmas dinner was officially ruined.
Well, this year is going to be very different. After the episode last Christmas, you have taken advice from the precautions you have read about online. Tips like these will help you avoid roaches:
- Eliminate junk and clutter piles that are on the inside and outside of your home.
- Keep food in sturdy containers that are tightly sealed in your kitchen and pantry.
- Remove indoor garbage on a regular basis and keep it in bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Wash dirty dishes as soon as possible.
- Do not leave dirty dishes or standing water in sinks.
- Clean up food spills immediately.
- Keep rooms and other areas dry with a humidifier.
- Seal cracks and crevices with caulking in floors, ceilings, foundations, and exterior walls.
- Fill in gaps around door and window frames.
- Block around all wire, cable, and pipe utility openings.
Even with all these measures in place, you may still lay awake at night wondering if you have done enough to prevent a repeat performance of the invasion of the Christmas dinner cockroach. You are feeling pretty confident, but how can you be absolutely certain? You are running everything over and over again your mind, but still, that nagging feeling that there still may be cockroaches roaming about your house persists. And Christmas dinner is only a short time away.
To rest easy over the holidays, there is only one surefire way to be sure of complete eradication of cockroaches, and that is a year-round pest control program. If you live in the Louisville area, Action Pest Control is here to help with our convenient and effective pest management solutions. Our Premier pest control program is created to protect you and your family from potentially dangerous pests, including uninvited pests that can ruin holiday gatherings. The best protection you can get is with our exterior and interior Premier plan, which includes cockroach control. You get a fully guaranteed service with unlimited service calls. Make your holiday plans pest free by calling Actions Pest Control in Louisville, Kentucky and rest easy that your Christmas dinner will go as planned.