Are You Struggling To Keep The Bed Bugs In Louisville Away?
November 11, 2022
Many insects can disrupt your sleep, but while mosquitoes are noisy and fairly easy to see, others, like bed bugs, are small enough to go undetected for quite a while. If you have bed bugs in your home, now is the time to discover the early warning signs of bed bugs, find out what an infestation looks like, and learn how to stop bed bugs from coming back. If you are dealing with an infestation, Action Pest Control provides pest control in Louisville and can help you eliminate them quickly.
Early Warning Signs Of Bed Bugs
If you suspect that you might have a bed bug problem or have taken care of one in the past, it is important that you stay on the lookout for early warning signs of bed bugs, like the following:
- Bed bug bites: Bed bug bites start small before turning into welts. If you start finding bites, especially in lines or clusters, usually on your legs, you might have bed bugs.
- Stained bedsheets: Bed bugs will often leave blood stains as they feast and will leave rust-colored excrement as well.
- Very small eggs and shells: Because bed bugs go through a life cycle from egg to nymph to adult, they will molt several times, leaving behind translucent shells.
After these early signs of bed bugs, your problem will grow to be a full infestation. Read on to see what it might look like.
What A Bed Bug Infestation Is Like
Once a bed bug infestation is established, you will see more and more active bed bugs. The size of an apple seed, these invaders are flat and brown but swell up and turn more of a red color after feeding on a host. As they grow in number, they will leave more and more blood and excrement stains, and you will find an increasingly large amount of discarded shells. You might also find bed bugs hiding in spots like the back of electrical outlets and notice a musty smell spreading throughout the house. At this point, it is crucial that you reach out to bed bug control companies near you who can show you how to stop bed bugs from coming back.
How To Stop Bed Bugs From Coming Back
In order to protect yourself from future bed bug issues, you can try the following prevention methods for bed bugs:
- Avoid used furniture and clothes: Used furniture, clothes, and books are one way bed bug infestations can start in your home.
- Schedule regular inspections: Reinfestation is always a risk if even a few eggs or bed bugs survive an elimination attempt. Pest control professionals can notice the signs even when there are very few.
- Consider using mattress protectors: Mattress protectors that fully encase the mattress can be a good way to starve off bed bugs if used correctly. A licensed pest control professional can help you select the right ones for your situation.
- Dry your bedding at high temperatures: Washing and drying your bedding at high temperatures can help get rid of bed bugs in addition to treatments.
While these are effective methods to prevent a bed bug infestation, it is best to focus on getting rid of your bed bug problem permanently with pest control to kill bed bugs tailored to your unique situation.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Home Permanently?
In order to get rid of bed bugs in your home permanently, the best solution is to combine the natural bed bug control methods above with professional treatments. Bed bugs are becoming more resistant to pesticides, but our licensed technicians can help. At Action Pest Control, we provide bed bug control in Louisville to protect you and your family from this nighttime pest. Contact us today for a free estimate and to schedule a thorough inspection that will help determine all the places bed bugs are hiding in your home.
Don’t let the bed bugs bite, and find out how pest control can kill bed bugs quickly and effectively so you can sleep soundly once again.
< Previous Next >