A Comprehensive Guide To Termite Control In Indianapolis
Termites are one of those things we think could never happen to us. The truth is that a termite problem can happen to anyone. These pests invade homes and cause costly damage.
People often don’t notice the signs of termites in their homes until it is too late. These pests devour your home from the inside out 24 hours a day, never resting, and their numbers continually multiply. If they go unnoticed, they can cause severe structural problems.
Subterranean termites can wreak havoc on a home, but teaming up with an Indianapolis pest control company, like Action Pest Control, will protect your home from the damage they can cause.
Termites In Indianapolis Are Very Common
Subterranean termites are a common problem here in Indianapolis. You may have already seen the swarmers and didn’t realize what they were. These winged, reproductive members of a colony will emerge to breed and begin a new colony. If termites have invaded a nearby house, these swarmers will search for new places to nest nearby as the colony grows, putting your home at risk.
Winged swarming termites on your Indianapolis property are one of the first indicators that you may have a termite issue. These swarmers usually emerge from their nest once a colony reaches around two years of age. Their purpose is to find a place to start a new colony.
A company that provides termite control near you, like Action Pest Control, can do yearly inspections to ensure your property is safe from termites.
How Termite Activity Can Go Unnoticed For Some Time
Termites infest the structural wood in your home. Because they are inside the walls, they can go unnoticed for a long time. Knowing the signs of termites in your home can help you to realize there is a problem much sooner.
Here are some signs you can watch for:
- Subterranean termites build mud tubes outside your house to travel between your home and their nest.
- If winged swarming termites are on your Indianapolis property, you may spot the insects themselves or their discarded wings near windows and doors.
- Soft, hollow-sounding wood in your home or uneven bubbling paint may indicate a termite infestation.
- Blistered or darkened wood may also be a sign of termites.
- You may see small piles that look like sawdust near a termite nest.
If you notice any of the above signs, contact Action Pest Control today for assistance with termite removal.
Are DIY Termite Control Methods Effective?
Unfortunately, a termite problem requires professional help. But there are ways you can help to prevent them from invading your property in the first place. The following tips can help you keep termites out of your home:
- Remove areas around your home where wood and soil meet, including mulch.
- Installing gravel around the foundation and under decks can inhibit termites from building mud tubes near your home.
- Divert water away from the foundation of your home.
- Repair any leaky pipes, air conditioning units, or faucets.
- Get regular termite inspections from a company that provides termite control near you.
Be sure to contact Action Pest Control at the first signs of termites in your home.
The Key To Total Termite Control For Indianapolis Properties
Prevention is the most important factor when it comes to termite control. Action Pest Control is available for termite control near you. We can provide thorough termite inspections to ensure your home stays safe from these destructive pests.
If you suspect you already have a problem, our technicians will perform termite removal services to stop the damage termites are causing. Whether it is time to put termite prevention measures in place or eliminate an existing infestation in your home, call Action Pest Control today to schedule your inspection.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”