5 Facts That Might Change The Way You See Cockroaches
Most agree cockroaches are disgusting. So, why do some of us live with these creepy pests in our homes? The answer lies in the fact that most of us think that cockroaches are only disgusting, chance intruders. We don't understand what is really going on. If we did, no one would live with cockroaches in their home. Ever! Here are 5 facts that might change the way you see cockroaches.
- Cockroaches are generally nocturnal. If you're seeing cockroaches during the day, it is a strong indication that you have a large infestation. When cockroach populations grow, food sources become increasingly scarce, and roaches become bolder. That cockroach you stumbled upon in the kitchen or pantry isn't a chance intruder. It is safe to assume there are hundreds more where that roach came from. If you could do an x-ray of your wall voids, it is unlikely you would sleep another night in your house without getting pest control.
- Cockroaches reproduce quickly. This is important to understand. If you saw a cockroach a month ago and it was the only cockroach in your home, it is highly likely that your run-in with cockroaches will increase in frequency because these insects are built for reproduction. Even though cockroach species have varied reproductive rates, they are all equipped to breed extremely fast.
- Cockroaches are connected to asthma. According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, studies show that children, who are allergic to cockroaches and are exposed to them, need to go to the hospital for asthma more often than other children with asthma. This can be a serious problem in a home, especially when allergens from the shed skins of cockroaches are left in air ducts and become airborne.
- Cockroaches spread disease. Cockroaches have been implicated in the spread of 33 kinds of bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella. When these pests are allowed to live in a home, they cause illness that is often not associated with their presence.
- Cockroaches spread harmful bacteria. These insect pests travel in places that are filled with harmful bacteria, which they carry to food prep surfaces, silverware drawers, dish cabinets, and food storage areas. This can lead to belly pain, severe stomach cramps, diarrhea which can sometimes be bloody, nausea, and vomiting. If you are experiencing these health issues, it is time to take action.
Cockroaches aren't just disgusting; they can cause serious illness in a home. And, these pests aren't generally chance intruders. When cockroaches present themselves, get immediate protection.
If you're dealing with cockroaches in Indianapolis, or anywhere else in our service area, reach out and let us know. The home pest control team here at Action Pest Control is educated and certified in the products and methods required to eradicate cockroaches. You don't have to live with these pests. Take action, and get Action.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”