What Is A Closed Crawl Space System?
I'm sure the name does little to excite you, and even less to explain what it is, but this added protection to your home has benefits that will definitely get your motor going. When you have a home pest control company seal your crawl spaces, you save money on your energy bills, make your foundation resistant to mold, and make your home significantly less appealing to termites, cockroaches, ants, and other invasive pests. When you get a closed crawl space system installed, you get an air tight seal applied to the crawl spaces under your home. This protective barrier keeps moisture out, and dry air in. Let's take a look at what that looks like.
If you have unprotected crawl spaces under your home, you're sitting on a powder keg. Moist wood is inviting to subterranean termites, the number one destroyer of property in the United States--even above hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods. It also attracts other insects that burrow into wood, like carpenter ants. These insects weaken floor joists and can cause significant damage to the structure of your home. If protection from insects was the only reason to get your crawl spaces sealed, it would be enough. But a crawl space system has other added benefits.
- A sealed crawl space keeps moisture out and dry air in. It arrests mold development and keeps new mold from forming. This means healthier and drier floor joists.
- With the base of your house dry, the structure of your home will be safe from sagging and bowing.
- It creates a barrier that resists heat transfer, keeping your home cooler in the summer and warm in the winter, resulting in lower energy bills.
- With little or no moisture under your home, your duct work will be safe from rusting.
- Air quality throughout the rest of your home will be drier and fresher.
Take the first step in protecting your home.
It doesn't cost anything to have Action Pest Control inspect your home and see if a closed crawl space system is right for you. During the inspection they will also look for signs of termite infestation, and entry points where pests are getting in. The first step won't cost you a penny, but it could save you thousands of dollars in home repairs, insect exterminations, and hospital bills. Find out what's going on under your home.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”