The Most Effective Mosquito Control For Indianapolis Properties
Effective mosquito control is necessary for Indianapolis properties to avoid the diseases carried by mosquitoes and itchy bites of this pest. Pest control in Indianapolis is one of the best ways to repel mosquitoes around your home and yard.
How To Identify A Mosquito
Mosquitoes in Indianapolis can easily be confused for other small, buzzing insects such as flies, especially if they don’t linger long enough for you to get a long look at them. However, there are some distinguishing factors that you can use to tell a mosquito apart from the rest:
Mosquitoes have hair or feathery antennae and a narrow, oval-shaped body.
- Mosquito coloration ranges from greyish-brown to black with white, green, or blue markings.
- Mosquitoes have scales along the veins of their wings.
- Mosquitoes will have a proboscis, a long beak-like mouth that they use to drink blood. Additionally, mosquitoes will land on you and bite, unlike most flies.
The Dangerous Diseases Mosquitoes Are Known To Spread
Besides being a buzzing nuisance that loves to bite both humans and mammals, mosquitoes are well-known carriers of serious illnesses. The diseases you can pick up from a mosquito bite include the Zika virus, West Nile virus, malaria, dengue, and yellow fever. These illnesses can have severe consequences if medical attention is not received.
It is important to note that while not every mosquito is a carrier for these diseases, the more mosquitoes you have around to bite you increase your risk of encountering an infecting insect. This is why mosquito control is so crucial for your Indianapolis property.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Mosquitoes To Your Property
There are several natural ways to repel mosquitoes, including removing the factors that attract this pest to your property in the first place. We outline how to do this with our steps below:
Remove access to standing water on your property, as this can foster breeding grounds for mosquitoes. It only takes an inch of water for mosquitoes to lay eggs, so be sure to be thorough. Also, ensure your yard has proper drainage and that gutters are clear.
- Trim back foliage around your yard, keep shrubs trimmed, and make sure grass stays trimmed low, in addition to removing debris such as leaf litter and fallen branches. This makes your property less attractive to mosquitoes as they love sheltered and cool spaces.
- Put into place plants that repel mosquitoes such as citronella, marigold, and lemongrass around your property. The aroma of these plants will make your yard a less desirable place.
- Mosquitoes may be attracted inside to bite you if there are gaps in your windows and doors. Seal these up, keep exterior entrances closed often, and put sturdy window and door screens into place to keep this pest out.
Why Professional Mosquito Control Is The Best Way To Go
The best thing to get rid of mosquitoes is to invest in professional mosquito control in Indianapolis provided by the experts at Action Pest Control. Only professionals can inspect your property and identify mosquito problem areas or breeding grounds. After this inspection, we will put tailored mosquito treatments into place that eliminates all traces of this pest and works to keep your yard mosquito-free in the long term.
Contact Action Pest Control today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Indianapolis.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”