Rodent Awareness Week - What Indianapolis, IN Homeowners Should Know
Rodent Awareness Week takes place in October; this year, 2021, it will run from October 17th to October 23rd. Rodent Awareness Week was founded by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). The NPMA is a non-profit that is dedicated to supporting pest management professionals.
The purpose of Rodent Awareness Week is to shed light on the issues caused by rodents and show home and business owners the importance of reliable pest prevention and control. As an Indianapolis homeowner, you should know that rodents are cause for concern on any property as they can:
- Transmit diseases and bacteria
- Spread parasites
- Contaminate food
- Cause damage to the home’s structure
- Cause fire hazards and flooding
- Ruin personal belongings
If rodents get into your Indianapolis home, you should take immediate action to remove them. At Action Pest Control, we believe in quick and effective rodent solutions. Keep reading to learn more about rodent awareness, prevention tips, and how professional pest control in Indianapolis can help you!
Rodent Awareness And Prevention Tips
Rodents such as house mice and Norway rats are pests that have become reliant on humans. Living closely with people gives rodents easy access to food, water, and shelter away from natural predators. And as the weather cools, rodents will make more of an effort to get inside. To make your home less attractive and remove easy access, you should:
- Inspect the exterior of your home for entry points and fill in gaps in the foundation, along the roofline, and around buildings.
- Remove excess foliage and debris from your yard, including leaf and woodpiles.
- Keep gardens and fruit trees maintained.
- Sweep and vacuum your home regularly.
- Clean surfaces such as countertops daily, so there are no crumbs or spills left to sit.
- Remove clutter from inside your home, including storage boxes.
- Tend to any moisture issues or leaks.
- Use airtight containers for open food, including pet food.
The best tip we can provide you during this year’s Rodent Awareness Week is to find professionals you can trust to keep your Indianapolis home rodent-free. Look no further than Action Pest Control and our team of trained technicians.
Professional Rodent Management
When it comes to rodents, professional treatment is the only solution for Indianapolis homeowners. This is because rodents are challenging to get rid of as they reproduce quickly, are resourceful, and are clever. If you have rodents on your Indianapolis property, contact us at Action Pest Control.
- An inspection to identify what rodents you are dealing with as you will never have both rats and mice at the same time. We will also determine what factors attract rodents, how they get in, and where they are nesting during this inspection.
- After the inspection, we will implement treatment that fits all of your needs. The treatment utilizes non-chemical methods such as trapping and baiting rodents. These treatments are child and pet-friendly to ensure your family remains safe throughout the process.
We also offer minor rodent exclusion to pest-proof your property by removing entry and harborage points. However, consider our Complete Control Program if you want to get the most bang for your buck. With this program, you will receive bi-monthly pest control services covering over 40 pests, including rodents and termites.
So if you are tired of dealing with rodents and other pests on your Indianapolis property, don’t hesitate to contact us at Action Pest Control. There is no better way to celebrate Rodent Awareness Week than by enjoying a pest-free home.
What Action Pest Control Customers Are Saying
Action is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
“ Derek is always cooperative, enthusiastic, and professional. Excellent service whether I am home or not.”